Problems reaching the site?

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Imagine., Jan 24, 2010.

Problems reaching the site?

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Are you having problems reaching the website? Take a look over at OpenDNS! It provides a walk through for a variety of routers.

Support Compendium updated

2. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    thanks for the info

3. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I got this problem last week. It has happened to me once or twice per week, and this for some months.
    But now, nothing. No problem.

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Could barely get to this thread. Most of the lay-out is broken and stuff. Weirdness.

5. RHStag

RHStag New Member

I have been having trouble all week, I can access the site at most for an hour a day, on varying times.
    Edit: I always get the message that the server can't be found or something.

6. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I have this same problem. That is the problem I was talking about before. This happens to me once or twice a week.
    For instance I try to connect in the morning, and I get this message. No need to try to connect in the evening it will not work too. The whole day is lost.
    Now for over one week I have succeeded in entering this site. Nothing tells me that once I will try tomorrow I will succeed.
    I can't explain what happens. But it seems that it is succesfull for me, and now there are users who never got those connection problems who have them today. It is possible the origine of this problem comes from the server, surely.

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Actually unfortunately this problem is not with the server or the site. I almost wish that it was. The problem actually originates with your local Internet Service Provider. Since SC2F.org is a smaller site than, say, Google, when traffic levels rise they sometimes exclude traffic for sites like ours rather than losing them on sites like Google.

Not exactly free internet practices, but it's not being enforced. It's also possible that some ISPs have outdated DNS servers, which is why I have provided this solution to those of you who are having issues. This fix will bypass your ISP's bad DNS servers and will use OpenDNS's system which is independent of your ISP. It's a very simple fix and will actually improve your entire browsing performance in general, not just to SC2F.org.

I would suggest everyone make these changes whether they're having issues getting to the site or not.

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

It was impossible for me to join the forum yesterday. The problem went back after some weeks of absence.

9. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I had a lot of troubles reaching this site. Those last days I entered maybe 2 or 3 days in a week.

10. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

I've been having the "Server not found" problem sporadically the past week or two. If I just spam F5 I can get in. I'd think it was my ISP, but I've tried on 3 separate ones with 3 different computers. I dunno, it only takes a few seconds of refreshing to pop it open, at least.

11. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I've been having a lot of trouble accessing the site. I hope that the method in the original post isn't the only way around this and that you'll be able to fix it because I don't know when I'll get access to my router to be able to set it up as in the instructions.

12. Callex

Callex New Member

Phew! I was beginning to worry. This site has been inaccessible from my phone, home computer and college computers for the past 2 weeks. I thought it had been taken down or something ><. Good to see it's working again for whatever reason!