Problem found in post updating.

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Aurora, Apr 10, 2008.

Problem found in post updating.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    It seems that posts do not automatically update themselves anymore.
    For example: I just changed my signature, but I can only see the change in the posts that I made after the change, the posts before the change aren't automatically updated.

I can see a major problem here. Even if we get the old forum codes back, the change won't take effect in all of the old posts. This means that all of the old tables, image links etc will remain screwed up forever if I'm correct. Every post will have to be refreshed or something like that and I don't think that anyone wants to edit + save all of the old posts.

I know that sc2forums is trying to find out if everything is automatically refreshed, so here you go. It's not as he hoped. I hope there is a way to solve this, or the whole forum might need to be emptied to make it look smooth again...

2. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Wow, I like your signature. The Smiley likes Firefox but Explorer comes but gets rejected. Anyways, so what if your old signature had a problem and then changed it. People will know you accidentally messed up.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I noticed that too, Forsaken.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    In my case right after the change I cleared my sig, made a few posts and then made a new one. Only the posts with cleared sig didn't update, all others (including posts from before move) updated every time I changed sig.

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    That's kinda weird. As I said, I hope that the admin is aware of this, because it will definitely cause problems when he restores the old forum codes.