[prediction] New Terran ability still waiting to be revealed?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Aurora, Mar 10, 2008.

?

Should the Terran get a building affecting ability?

1. Yes, to all races.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but only to one race. (see post #3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No.

100.0%

[prediction] New Terran ability still waiting to be revealed?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Aurora, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    As we all know by now, there are different abilities that affect the buildings of your opponents.
    The Protoss have the Anti-Gravity spell, that is provided by the Nullifier.
    The Zerg have the Infest ability for enemy structures.

So what do the Terrans get? Any predictions?
    I was thinking of some kind of EMP to temporarily disabling buildings, but how would that have to work for the Zerg? :p A lot of thinking to be done here. ;)

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I would rather not think about setting enemy structures on fire because that's already been done in WCIII with the batrider.

Maybe the Nomad will get a paraliser and a lockdown ability against buildings. But yeah it kind of sounds obvious that the Terran should get something that manipulates enemy buildings. Or maybe not, seeing as how the Zerg didn't get any cliffclimbers.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I thought that th Zerg didn't get any cliff climbers because their units already have such high mobility. I agree with you at that it shouldn't be done Warcraft 3 style like the burning building, but their are interesting other alternatives.

For example: the Frost Wyrm (for those who do not know it: it's a big undead dragon) has the Ice Breath ability. It can freeze enemy buildings, reducing their armor strength and disabling any abilities and building functions that the building has. That can be applied to all enemy buildings, but in a different way then freezing the buildings of course.

Or what about a salvage ability on enemy buildings? That would create some interesting strategies, although I cannot think of a way in which this can affect the Zerg, maybe with some kind of acids or something like that.

Also think of this: the Infest Ability of the Zerg only effects Protoss, and the Anti-Gravity only affects Terran buildings. Wouldn't it be logical that there would be a Terran ability that only affects Zerg buildings?

4. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

zerg has mutalisks for cliffclimbers, the other races just cought up.

as for a building ability, i dont think its really needed and it might not happen, i think the d-8 charges are that, they just blow up the buildings :)

5. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

As ForSaken said with his example of the lack of Zerg cliff-climbers, Starcraft isn't going to be a game where Terrans get A, Protoss get B, and Zerg get C. Just because the other two races have building-affecting abilities does not mean the Terrans will get any. I'd even go as far as to bet against it.

6. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    This is wrong. Infest works against both protoss and terran. Anti-gravity works against all protoss and terran (though it might not work against zerg, not sure though).

7. Laz

Laz New Member

That would look so cool. Use anti-gravity on a zerg building and watch its roots pull out of the ground and dangle under it.

8. dadouw

dadouw New Member

Mutalisks arent cliffclimbers, they are flying units

9. afterburner

afterburner New Member

I'm pretty sure Terrans have a nuke...thats some quality building manipulation right there

10. Sakujou

Sakujou New Member

I think something like research, or not lets see...Actually what would be cool is if they can setup tripod things, you need 5 infantry to do so, once done the enemy units cannot access the building, and units cannot come out of it. So sort of like EMP but not? Let me explain :)

You send in like 5 units setup the forcefield around their barracks or another unit producing building(I forget all their names)

The forcefield lasts lets say 1 minute or until each shield generator thing is destroyed.

While the forcefield is up units cannot go into or exit the building. BUT heres where it puts the enemy at disadvantage.

Lets say the dude your attacking is a protoss team, they building carriers. You put the forcefield around the building, the units STILL build but they do not come out of the building until the forcefield is gone, no big deal right? But the terrian is firing upon the building, if the building is destroyed all those units are lost with it.

Hope that makes sense xD...basically if you had like 5 Carriers in queue and the building gets destroyed, sucks to be you.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I like how each race DOESN'T have multiple variations of the same ability. Zerg don't get cliff climbers because they get Nydus Worms, which are so different and more potent than the Dropship or the Phase Prism. Terrans don't need an anti-building ability because they have a ton of units effective against them such as tanks and BCs. Things like this only increase racial diversity, and unless it screws the balance up, it should be kept as diverse as possible.

12. Sakujou

Sakujou New Member

True that terran have a nuke just detroy the buildings with that haha.

13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Ultralisk has a stronger attack against buildings, thats enought for me. I dont like every unit having an abillity, this is not WC in space.

14. Gforce

Gforce New Member

It would be interesting to see a technique for terran to destroy enemy buildings.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Those would be siege tanks.

16. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Right on the money. :good: Besides, I'm finding it pretty tough to think of any building manipulation ideas that wouldn't fall waaay beyond the Terran's technological level.

17. Gforce

Gforce New Member

They would probably throw a high degree acid on the buildings or something of that sort.

18. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Why bother with chemical warfare when you can just as easily (and probably for a lesser) blow the crap out of a building with plasma charged doom from above?

19. Gforce

Gforce New Member

you got me there.