Powerlevel changes outside topics?

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Aurora, Feb 25, 2008.

?

Should people be able to change powerlevels outside topics?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Powerlevel changes outside topics?

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Why is it impossible for us to :powerup: or :powerdown: someone outside a topic?

For example:
    Someone agrees to make a free signature or something like that for me, which we agreed upon by PM.
    I really like that fact that that person is making it for free, so I want to give a powerup to that person, which is impossible, because there is no topic around for it.

What am I asking:
    No much, only powerup and powerdown buttons in user profiles. I don't know how the "where" function in the power changes overview would work this way, but I think our admin can find a solution to that pretty easily. ;)

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    He already said that they could've agreed in PM (or chat for that matter), in that case they would have to create topic just for the sake of giving powerup, or do it in a random thread which isn't really good idea.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I always wondered why there are no :powerup: :powerdown: buttons in the profile.
    That should be implemented.

4. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Because the forum consists of Posts, these posts are what should be thanked, although if someone does do something like that, just pick the newest post by then and Power then up ;)

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I have added a poll. :good:

I know that people want some kind of reference, but you can still explain what the powerlevel change was for in the description box. Although, that is what the admin wanted us to do when he implemented that function.

I sometimes browse through powerlevel logs of people, mainly to see why they are so far up or down, and most of the time you seen only an emoticon or something like that. That could be a problem, since there is no topic to check the reason. However, checking this from time to time shouldn’t be such a problem. We have about 5 to 10 changes a day, so if a (new) mod (*cough…hint…cough*) could check them once in a while, everything should be just fine. I am irritated by useless powerlevel changes anyway, mostly because people start complaining about them in all sorts of topic. Some kind of powermod would be a good idea. ;)

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Mods don't resolve power level disputes, as they actually don't MEAN anything

7. Light

Light Guest

Powerlevel shouldn't be serious, people should be able to power up others for purely friendly reasons. But yeah, the PM power change doesn't work because you can never check the ''topic''. Just powerup that person in a different thread or something, its not that important :p

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The reason they don't mean anything is because people give powerups and powerdowns for crappy reasons.

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Which is why threads will still be required to be cited in order to give powerups.

This option will not change.

10. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    okay, ima gonna power you down now.... lol jk

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    If two mods say that it's not going to happen, then I can do only one thing:

TOPIC LOCKED