Power changes (Going to far for the holidays?)

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by LordKerwyn, Dec 11, 2007.

?

Has it gone to far?

1. Yes, way to far.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but not that far.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but it needs to stop soon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, not at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Power changes (Going to far for the holidays?)

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    OK, we all have seen (and most likely given and received) a lot of power ups to go along with the holiday season. My question is have we gone to far? Take Eonmaster (I asked his permission before hand) who has given out 21 Powerups. Now that by itself does not seem that bad, he is just trying to spread the holiday cheer. Now multiply that by about 5 and it should be easy to see why that could a problem, especially if some people were excluded. Now that isn't even including the Powerups people can receive in response to giving them out. Take Eonmaster again who has received 10  Powerups since this thing began. That's a huge amount when you think about the fact that is more than a lot people have gotten since they have joined this forum.  Finally, just look at the number of Powerups today alone it's over 200, if that isn't overkill I'm not sure what is.

Now, I'm sure everyone loves the power they have gained, but has it gone to far? If you feel strongly one way or another please post, the poll is going to remain hidden for the time being so it doesn't affect people's opinions.

P.S. Thank you Eonmaster for letting me use you as an example.

2. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

ill admit, mayb it has gone to far. And as much as i love all the powerups i got, i also admit that all of them are pretty much just not fair. I didnt get them fro doing anything significant to the site so therefore i probably dont deserve them. And as much as i like them, (i never really got any before this) i doa gree that mayb people going up by 6 or 7 is a little to much. Mayb we could contribute in other ways, like minerals and stuff. Of course the only reason i decided to go for powerups is because i only have 350 minerals and couldnt possibly afford to give much out to everyone. So i guess ill go with a no but it needs to stop. (that is sort of like a yes though...)

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    And that makes sense Trooper (the mineral thing i mean) but if everyone has that mentality...well you see what happens.

4. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

you are very correct. If everybody starts to give out power ups for christmas, well tahts is alot of undeserved powerups... I guess i will try and come up with something and give it to one person then. And anyways, it doesnt have to be a mineral donation or anything like that. Mayb a paint or something, but yeh u are right.

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Over 200 power ups is crazy, we normally get like ten a day.

Do you guys really want your power ups to be so pointless? Does the power up system mean so little to you guys?

6. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

As i see it this all started from my thread,

But i specificly never mentioned powerups.
    why?
    because i knew this would happen

I've given out minerals and items and stuff but only like 3 powerups (i got 12 powerups tho...)

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I have to agree with Lord, even with the thought of giving to others for the holidays, the powerups have been causing more problems than they are giving help. The powerups are practically worthless, and lack any meaning that powerups are supposed to represent. Powerups are supposed to represent the good that people are doing to the forum through contribution to ideas and for helping out those in need of assistance.

I don't mind getting one or two for holiday cheer, but having everyone sending powerups, increasing powerlevels much faster than ever recorded, causes them to lose their holiday value. Sending minerals and items is fine by me, but the powerups are unneeded.

I must say that I regret contributing to this issue. The 21 powerups I sent only made this problem worse, and didn't really help anybody.

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I know tweak and that why I didnt name any names besides my example because most people thought they were just addin to the cheer. (which admitedly they were but still....200+ powerups in a day.....)

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think it's not really at the stage yet where it's a problem but it can't go on like this forever. IMO this would have been better saved for Christmas, but I'm not complaining. We'll just have this as an early Christmas present and not do anything for Christmas or something smaller.

10. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

'Tis the folly of man. Don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm more interested in what solutions everyone thinks are warranted to the issue.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I don't think it should be powerdowns for everyone that received powerups. Maybe we could get a way to trade our power levels for a special item you can only get at this time of the year.

12. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I agree with you, LordKerwyn. The holiday cheer is definitely an excuse for a power-up or two, but it has gotten out of control. Power-ups are supposed to indicate respect and contribution to the forum, not a gift to be given to all. I really don't know a solution other than the mods and the admin going through and powering down everybody until they have at max one Christmas power-up. And that solution is imperfect because it's not fair for the mods to do all of that work.

13. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Thank you. We won't do it anymore. :good:

14. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    OMG
    This is madness!

As for the topic, I didn't give out powerups for Christmas because I didn't want to ruin the system. Instead I gave away 3 teddies, which is a lot better. But as nothing can be done about powering everyone down with stupid reasons, powering everyone up must be left unpunished as well.
    I'm going to read sc2's reply on this.

15. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Thank you sc2forums for a quick response, no more xmas powerups for/from me! The reply is good too, now to get back to trying to get me powerlvl higher the old fashioned way.

16. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i got poweruped like 9 times :p
    and 225 mins!
    a couple of my powerups were legit though^^