Possible Zerg Active Ambush Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Nov 30, 2007.

Possible Zerg Active Ambush Unit

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I think zerg really need a cool ambush unit and you would think they have it already but the burrow ability means you have to wait meaning its more of a passive attack. I think they need a unit that can move underground (but not attack underground)

I think it could possibly resemble a centipede (note centipede has posion fangs) plus the animation for it would look real cool huh, head first diving into the ground with a flick of the end segments and its gone *gasps*

The unit would move underground to the enemies position and burst out the ground with a swift poisonus attack then quickly burrow under, it could be a remake of the defiler or a mutation of it (i didnt see a lot of people use defilers rly)

And to balance this allow it to be detected, obviously.

Stats:

Basics: Not to speedy on land, fast underground for the hit and run/ambush
    or maybe even replace the nydus worm and these units create semi-perminant tunnels where small zerg units can travel such as lings or drones.

HP: 100

Armor: 1

Attack power: 6 (inflicts a poison effect on contact)

Abilities:
    Burrow from start
    Move underground
    Detects cloaked units (imagine you was about to be owned by a mass of dark templars and your overlords were destroyed, send in the unit! or descreitly kill of a nuke threat

Ensare (shooting a web or something to halt enemy movement)

Comment :D

2. Overling

Overling New Member

Re: Possibly Zerg Unit (idea)

Using well placed Lurkers and knowing how to protect your overlords should still be important. You unit would make things too easy. I would discard it for being too overpowered: a unit must be useful, but not too much!

3. skiny

skiny New Member

oh hell ya man ill try to alert blizz about that im seriuse ill try to get them to do that tight as hell!

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed

But see with lurkers you can't actively attack, this unit is kinda like the ghost or dark templar but a zerg version with after effects

5. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    im pretty sure you just copied a already posted idea but i do think ther the needs to be a centipede ampuser unit

6. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i think the combination of lurkers and spore colonies (or devs or w/e) to defend your base is enough
    they probably can survive without it but i like the idea of a millipede unit

it would probably work better as an attacker that does high damage and has very low health

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol, I havnt read any of the pages other then page one's so I wouldn't know if this has been suggested (I hope not) if so.. tell me and I'll delete :]

@fenix, I was thinking using this as more of an attacker, zerg def = Lurkers, few Lings for Seige Tanks, and Colonies

8. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    Actually how do you use a nydus worm. If you were to talk to blizzard you could say something like this: You can control the nydus worm and it acts as an underground transport that could burrow all the way into the belly of the enemy's base if they don't have any detectors. Keep the units stationary if burrowed.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I don't like the idea of that nydus worm cuz you could basically erupt right next to their workers and destroy the command center and all the workers, and they are basically dead.

10. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    what difference does it make if any other units could do that too

11. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Im thinking it has to come up for a while to regain its energy and then go back down again and on the surface its as a reaver or something.

12. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    [
    Lol, I havnt read any of the pages other then page one's so I wouldn't know if this has been suggested (I hope not) if so.. tell me and I'll delete :]

i read it in the creep topic somewhere they talked about a ambusher units there but i think it wasnt a offical topic and you opned up the thread first so i think you safe

first paragraph supose to be a quote but it got messed up

13. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    any wya i lvoe the idea of a underground moving monster so zergy

and on the nydus worms i think you need vision first to burrow up and i think they will make it take a little time so you can see them coming up so you can prepare

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yea, thats a good idea cuz burrowing thru dirt and rocks takes energy and balances things out a bit; just like with Dark Templars I think their cloak may have an energy deduction because I saw uncloaked ones fighting with cloaked darkies.

@ShaOkias: So you're saying you'd be happy if a Nydus Worm erupted from nowhere with ease and your base was reduced to dust in 1 minute?

With other units you have to get past defenses, judging from what I see and others speculations you would have to see where you was going to erupt from so all you need is a Overlord to find the base and BOOM Nydus Worm with Ultralisks kills all your Workers and Command... I know I'd be pissed.

15. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    that would exactly be "dropping" someone in SC I. I think i couldreduce someone to dust in a matter of seconds with a few dropshops and tanks

16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Unless they had anti air and tropps everywhere then maybe.

17. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    exactly, nydus can be the same thing. build a simple radar and troops everywhere

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Ugh you aint reading what I am writing. You can prevent drops pretty easily but Nydus Worm comes out the ground like instantly as opposed to the Nydus Canal which has to build, ok meaning theres no warning.. so its totally unexpected.

Anyway can we get back on topic.

19. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    actually in the protoss video, nydus worms lets out its units out probably as quickly as an average dropship

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol the argument is pointless I said the Nydus Worm itself comes out instantly with out having to go past defenses