Possible Toss Support Unit or Ability?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FLATL1NE, Aug 18, 2007.

Possible Toss Support Unit or Ability?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FLATL1NE, Aug 18, 2007.

1. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Hey, I was scanning through the "Female Protoss Warrior" thread and some of the posters' ideas got me thinking...

Now, I'm not sure if this would be imbalanced (and that's why I'm asking you all for your opinions), but I was just thinking of a possible Protoss unit that would enable units within a certain range around it to essentially "share" their shields. What I mean by this--if you don't already understand--is that if one unit within the range of this ability gets attacked, the damaged done to that unit's shields is evenly dispersed throughout all of the units within the range of the ability.

I obviously haven't extensively thought this through, but I would love to hear your opinions.

2. ToonMOG

ToonMOG New Member

It would be an interesting ability, it seems similar to dark swarm but I think there would have to be some limitations...

EXAMPLE if you were to have a huge team of archons with this support unit... that would be very difficult to counter (besides an EMP or something).

(btw thx for spinning off the ability i thought up ^_^)

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I think it could be a good/effective idea but it is completely dependent on how the protoss shield regen works. I heard someplace that the protoss shields in SC2 work like halo shields (quickly rechargeing after not taking damage for a little while). If this is true depending on how it worked it could effectively make some of the units have unlimited shielding as long as a couple of units stay back and dont get hit.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    A cool idea, seems very similar to the channeling spell the Tauren caster guy had in WC3. But as Kerwyn said, this would be dependant on the shielding system. It would be really cool if it was implemented.

5. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Good point, and assuming this, it would probably be best to give this ability a time limit (whereas before, I was thinking of it as a permanent ability similar to the DTs cloaking).

And as far as the channeling spell, DAMN YOU WC3. Haha, I haven't even really played WC3 and yet it has to run parallels throughout my ideas. lol surely my idea is doomed to the eternal pits of flaming hell =)

PS-- :powerup: to ToonMOG for guiding me in my ideas.