Possible new Terran mining building/unit??

Discussion in 'Terran' started by concreteasflesh, Jun 29, 2007.

Possible new Terran mining building/unit??

Discussion in 'Terran' started by concreteasflesh, Jun 29, 2007.

1. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

If you watch the 20minute game play video and it starts out with the protoss flying in some pheonix and phase prisms, look at the top left corner as they fly over a few resource crystals and theres little blue building like unit like structures zapping orange lazers into the crystals. could it be possible that the terran develope a new technology, "mine without a miner" and this structure can be set up to continuously harvest resources? im at work and dont have te proper tools to take a screen shot so if any one could do that i would appreciate it very much. but ye, imagine kind of a stationary mining unit that would harvest a crystal till it would run out, lift off or crawl onto the next one... would make the terran resource economy much better and fit with their "land on planet, devour planet of resources, move on the next planet" philosophy......

2. concreteasflesh

I also dont think its a doodad because it would seem wasteful to use crystals as doodads and to have it being harvested with no gain. . .just a thought. . .

3. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

not terran. dude it's protoss. and don't double post. edit your previous one.

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

its a doodad guys, dont get your hopes up.

Although it would be awsome to have a unit like this for late/end-game

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

But it would be useless when the minerals run out. WIN!

6. concreteasflesh

oh so sorry for double posting, though i dont see a difference, i dont post for numbers or points or what not and its basicly when in post people write each other one liners and keep it going back and forth, anyhow ill try not to do it in the future so i dont upset everyones perfect little online experience.

anyhow, i dont think its protoss because for the most part what weve seen from protoss is pretty much everything is dominated by the presence of crystals and that little mining laser isnt made up of crystals, but rather sheet metal/metal structure looking material. and i dont think its a doodads, even though it wasnt attacked by the protoss fleet i again just think it would be a waste of resources for it to be a doodad and would be great if it were turned into a useable building.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

There was a topic on this a while ago. In that one we came to the conclusion that it was a doodad. It acts like a doodad, it's placement is doodadesque, and it feels like it would be a doodad. Also, if it wasn't a doodad, it would be terran. There, the whole other thread in a sentence.

8. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Elemen just likes to keep a tight ship around these parts. It is nice not to have multiple posts though. It helps to keep things original and concise as possible.

As for the topic, I have to agree that a doodad that potentially uses minerals seems wasteful but it would be incentive to kill it and take that base as fast as possible. Would be even better if you could take the unit over and use it ;)

9. didd293

didd293 New Member

It's obviously a doodad. From the way I see it, the minerals (and the robots) were placed in a little corner on the map that probably wasn't even accessible for units. So it's a doodad.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

obviously. this point has already been made.

11. concreteasflesh

I have proper proof that the above mentioned is a doodad and not a possible unit, if you watch the gameplay vid when the Terran base starts flying in they fly over another blue structure shooting a lazer but not into crystals but the ground, maybe its a testing item, seeing how it looks as a doodad and blizzard might be playing around with the idea of such a unit/structure but for the time being, yes it is a doodad.