POLL: Ultralisk Rampage

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by TheFearless, Aug 15, 2007.

?

Should Ultralisks have this ability?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

POLL: Ultralisk Rampage

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by TheFearless, Aug 15, 2007.

1. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

since a lot of the units in starcraft 2 are having something new like the Zealot Charge, why not give the Ultralisk the same?

my suggestion is ULTRALISK RAMPAGE
    when activated the Ultralisk will ram units in a straight line and deals a large amounts of damage
    drawback is your units are not exempted from damage

EDIT: the ultralisk charges in a straight path
    the ultralisk is BIG and mammoth-like, giving it rampage would make sense

just a thought. ^^

what do you think?

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Re: Ultralisk Rampage

I don't think it's such a good idea. We already have banglings.

3. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

Try not to make new thread for each Ultralisk idea, makes forum very messy and hard to navigate.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

whats the baneling got to do with ultralisk rampage?

rampage is nice. any ability just to make the new ultralisk useful.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Their attack is very similar. Ultralisk should get some new different attack.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

hhmm. slow and suicide? not that similar.

well it would be good for a combo. rampage first so that you can chase you opponent with your banelings. ^^^

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head

I think a better ability would be the standard berserk, more damage, less armor, that kind of stuff.

8. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Yap i hope so much better if Ultralisk will have a new abulity,,, much better especially when younare playing the Zerg Campaghn:)

9. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

banelings blow up
    ultralisk rampage means the ultralisk charges/rams units and deals damage in a straight path.

i see no connection.

btw, i have a Baneling Suggestion @ this link: http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=1945.0

10. The ultralisk shouldnt get any new abilities, just upgrades. Id actually prefer it if the ultralisk didnt return and there was a new unit.

11. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It's better that hey stay. And there was a LOT of new units.

12. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Fearless, I personally love the rampage idea. I was thinking of it myself for my Ultralisk design proposal. I was thinking that it runs 'n runs but "charges" at a group of enemy units and does splash damage on the initial attack, thereby damaging a group of units severely on the first blow, and then afterwards just do the regular Ultralisk attack. I think this would made the unit a LOT more useful and also more fit for its massive size and aggressiveness.

I've also read somewhere before where there were ppl saying how it's silly to see a couple of medics blocking off an Ultralisk at a chokepoint between supply depots. I agreed that it did look silly. Plus, when we saw the Ghost trailer cinematic you had an ultralisk just tossing a group of marines like rag dolls. I thought that looked amazing. So I'm all for it and shall incorporate it into my next lil project idea. Thanks! :powerup:

13. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I really like that idea Fearless :powerup: I think there should be an ability for the ultralisk to charge and do significant damage. Like have it charge (limit to its range of sight I'm assuming). From there it charges in a straight line damaging anyone, friend or foe, and at the end of the charge, have it do significant damage on the target area with splash damage around it.

To balance it out, just decrease the regular attack slightly. The cost and supply should be the same. Of course, this will have to be upgraded (I'm thinking 200 minerals, 200 gas) and a long cooldown rate (I'm thinking 120 seconds). This will make the ultralisk more worthwhile in my opinion. Get the hell outta there medics!

I mean the ultralisk is the 'big guns' for the zerg so why not have a nice ability to further give incentive to people who go through the whole tech tree?

For those who think the banelings take care of that, I have to disagree. They are like ground scourges... they are easy to kill and its not really a unit you want to 'siege.'  It doesn't seem to fit that role.

lol of course I'm waiting for Remy to have his input on this ^_^

14. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I don't think i used ultras that much any way they were to bulky and they didn't fit the zerg style. I think it should be replaced with a new unit.

15. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh i beg to differ. I think it fits the zerg style really well. Ya know, there is always a "bigger" species in each race. Being bigger is definetly a tactical advantage in terms of intimidation and strength. I mean Guardians are quite big and I assume Devourers and overlords are also pretty decent in size too.

I mean it is plausible to mass ultras too... they are quite cheap compared to capital ships that cost almost twice as much and use 33% more supply. I would be scared shitless if I saw 24 ultras versus 72 zerglings (haha maybe if they were cracklings).

And imagine if you were a marine, you would be more intimdated by an ultralisk than a zergling althuogh both aren't too good for ya. So ultralisks do in fact fit the zerg style... massable and intimidating and vicious as hell.

16. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

he said it all
    ultralisks should have a new ability !

17. WaterGolem

WaterGolem New Member

I love this idea. :good: The animations could be pretty cool too, it could like rear up on it's hind feet and make some deathly beast-like growl or something, and then BAM marines go flying. Ya know on the last lord of the rings, (I haven't read the books so i don;t know what they're called) those huge elephant things had the barbed wire betwen their tusks, swooping their heads through the crowds...something like that comes to mind. Fantastic.

18. pro

pro New Member

i dont think they should add this

19. manaplague

manaplague New Member

Sounds nice but I'd rather have my Ultralisk soaking up damage. if they do bring him back it should be with an health upgrade on top of the armor upgrade he can pick up in BW..

20. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Ultralist is one of the few straight up units- soak up damage and kill. Should stay that way imo, though the idea makes sense.