Poll: If carriers got another ability you would want.....?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 7, 2007.

?

If carriers got a new ability which ability would you like the most?

1. The carrier should not get a new ability.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The carrier should get a choice of abilities that take the place of interceptor slots.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The carrier should get the ability to kamakazie after it meets a certain requirement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The carrier gets a choice of a single upgrade. (Like the Battlecruiser)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Carrier should just get a single basic reseached upgrade that applies to all carriers.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The carrier should just have a choice of interceptors.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Poll: If carriers got another ability you would want.....?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I have chosen the ressurect this thread after a few new suggestions i have read in other threads.

The second option is a more general version of BirdofPrey's idea

The other are some older choices rewritten with less specific options.

As always if you think there should be another option up here pm me or post soemthing and will add it (assuming it doesnt over lap with something else)

P.S. While i didnt not mention specific abilities just assume they are abilties like hardened shields and maybe a different kind of attack. ( The reason i didnt mention any is becuase they are generally chosen because of balance )

*The pirmary way this thread was changed is the poll was reset with different options.*

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

Just the hardend ground sheild and maybe another type of interceptor they could have

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I voted no ability. What more do you need than a hornet's nest of Interceptors flying around and kicking the crap out of your enemy? Any sort of ability would probably just create a balance issue.

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Yah while it might make do you think the addition of plasma torpedo will create a balance issue?
    besides im more talking jsut something new to the old carrier to keep it fresh and on par with its other capital ship sisters.

EDIT: Also thats why i made this poll to see what other poeple had to say about this topic.

5. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

While you are right that the Terrans get offensive air abilities in the Battlecruisers' Plasma Torpedo and Yamato Gun, the Protoss air armada gets the Warp Ray damage increase and the Phoenix Overload, as well as the Mothership's Planet Cracker. So it all balances out, even though the Carrier lacks another ability. The Terran air force has the Predator and the Nomad, but those abilities are rather defensive. The Protoss counteract that simply by having rechargeable shields.

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I honestly dont like the idea of it getting an active ability, maybe another passive one like more space for interceptors.

7. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh you should add that the kamikaze interceptors have a cooldown rate similar to the reavers ^_^ oh and the latter 3 is kind of different than the previous choices since it is more of the units itself than its abilities.

well more space is an upgrade that is prolly gonna still be here

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    thats why i mentioned opiton 3 in my orignal post FT. also i was sorta just listing possible new abilities and while your right the last 3 are sorta if not compleetly passive, a new passive ability is better than nothing.

EDIT: While i see your point ninerman i am a big supporter or capital ships and i like to see equal treatment amongst them. Also after the severe nerfing of the mothership (while i hope blizzard will turn the mothership back inot a super unit) the protoss air force could use something.....

9. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    If I had a choice, I would say a choice between hardened air to ground or air to air shields. Since Bc abilities are all offensive, I would think that a good counter would be a good defense...just something to differentiate between the two. Plus it would add a bit more spice to the capital ship war!! :p

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I found the ground-to-air shield of the Tempest very amusing and wouldn't mind seeing it for the Carrier if it meant not having any shield vs air.
    I support the idea of balancing the game by not only having different attack and armour types but having different hit points vs ground/air: You would need to deal 300 damage (+/- armour/damage) to destroy a carrier with an air unit and ~450 to destroy it with ground units which sort of makes sense because with an air unit you could shoot the vulnerable inner part of the Carrier where the interceptors come out from. Of course this would only be possible with the protoss having ground/air-specific shields but it would make the race even more unique.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    While you might be right kuvasv alot of people disliked the tempest because of the lack of air shield. (the other reason most disliked the tempest is because of its horrible in game size and lack of capital ship status and of course the name shurikens.....)

EDIT: @Itsmyship i completely agree that the ability should be more defensive based but i do like the idea of the last ditch kamakazie.

12. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I have to agree with Itsmyship the BC capabilities are all offensive as they always have been and the Carrier has always had a substantial amount of shield defense, so, why not make it more resilient The Carrier doesn't need an ability in and of its own to explode into fiery death. Its a command ship for the robotic interceptors and it needs stronger defenses. Therefore I'm up for both A->A and G->A Shield Upgrade Options. En Taro Tassadar! Note: You can only have one or the other as an upgrade not both. That would just be Imba.

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Eh....last ditch Kamikaze would just get annoying after a while to me. I mean, you spend those resources, you have an awesome ship that you should be proud of....and you end up just crashing it....

It was cool when Tassadar did it, but after a couple bajillion times, it just gets redundant.

14. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    kamikaze the interceptors.. Hehe
    die interceptors die

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I added a new option for people who want a combination of a hardened GTA and ATA shield.

16. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It should kamikaze itself or interceptors.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes i agree carrier they should get new skills and abilities or they will be boring and not exciting to use in starcraft 2.

carrier should have the ability to charge themselves and explode damaging all nearby units. but only carriers who reached 15 kills can do this ultimate. we can see in the status the carrier has already killed at least 15 units, and the carriers form/model will change or glow and the ultimate button will now be active. Cool

but ofcourse you will only use it strategically and if there are no other options left like if the carrier is about to die. or you can do it anytime you want.

theres an information in the interface that let us see how many units a certain unit has killed. so adding my idea will make it usefull. ^^

yes a weaker version of that of tassadar's garinthor sacrifice.

18. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Zeratul11 i put that ability as the 7th option but removed the requirements and said it more generally because having 3 variations of an ability would tak up a ton of space in a poll.

19. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Grrrr...I wish my vote could be refunded so I could vote on what I originally proposed, since it seems you put it up there as an option. Oh well, as long as my opinion is known :)

20. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Thats actually kinda wierd Itsmyship i originally set it up so you could change your vote and it looks like i cant change my vote as well (which i was considering) and i have also noticed the same problem in a couple of different polls but those could be because of different reasons.