Planatary Fortress Question

Discussion in 'Terran' started by jrc3234, Feb 8, 2008.

Planatary Fortress Question

Discussion in 'Terran' started by jrc3234, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

Sorry if this has been done before. And I will delete this thread once my question is answered.

My question is, Once you transform your command center into a planatary fortress, can it still produce scv's? Also can you change it back? And can you build add-on's (nuke silo, comsat station)?

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I'm not sure about the production of SCV's, but I think it would still be able to make them. It is designed to protect your economy, by not being able to make SCVs, it could devastate your economy by being unable to replace lost workers.

It is unable to transform back after it becomes a fortress. It has been said in a few Q&As, once it transforms, it cannot untransform.

I'm not sure about the add-ons but I do know that is would be unable to lift off after transforming. Also, the nuke silo is a separate building now, not an add-on.

3. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

Thanks man. Although I don't think you can still build SCV's...because in the gameplay video (yes I know it's old) the Command Center's doors close up when it transforms into a fortress. Oh well, guess I'm heading on over to starcraft2. com. I'll tell you if I find anything.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't think the CC has add ons this time around since the cmsat is now and upgrade to the CC and the silo is a stand alone structure. Also we haven't seen any add-ons connected to it but we have fo the other produsction structures

5. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Here's how it works from what I understand.

You can transform your Command Center into either a Planetary Fortress or a Surveillance Station. Once you have done so, you cannot change it back. Planetary Fortresses provide extra defense, while Surveillance Stations allow the Scanner Sweep ability.

Also, transforming the Command Center into either one of the above 'closes up' the building in the sense that it can no longer move (i.e. lift off). This is what is sacrificed, SCV producing ability is not lost.

As a result, the Command Center has no add-ons. It's simply upgraded.

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    ninerman13 i wanted to say all that...
    ninerman13 just said everithing right, at least as far as i know.
    jrc3234 just a friendly tip: Try to search next time, because I´m pretty sure this has been posted a few times ago.