PiCs of the Nomad/Stargate w/abilities

Discussion in 'Terran' started by taz, Aug 6, 2007.

PiCs of the Nomad/Stargate w/abilities

Discussion in 'Terran' started by taz, Aug 6, 2007.

1. taz

taz New Member

Found these pics of the Nomad in http://www.starcraftlive.net/scl/:

the Nomad:
    [img width=670 height=446]http://www.starcraftlive.net/scl/images/nomadscreenie.jpg[/img]

the Nomad with Defensive Matrix info:
    [img width=670 height=446]http://www.starcraftlive.net/scl/images/nomadphoto02.jpg[/img]

the Nomad with EMP info:
    [img width=670 height=446]http://www.starcraftlive.net/scl/images/nomadphoto03.jpg[/img]

the Stargate and re-arm (re-energize the aircraft) info:
    [img width=670 height=446]http://www.starcraftlive.net/scl/images/starbaserearmphoto.jpg[/img]

ps. sorry if their a double post.

Bonus 300 minerals for great screenshots and post.

2. cereal

cereal New Member

The Nomad is alright but pretty weird looking. I don't know why, but I like the star base a lot.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Wow, the base is very cool, having a base giving battlecrusers and thors mana is amazing

4. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Yeah, Starbase really rocks! Perhaps Nomads could have some sort of redesign. It's probably made to look like a ship-docks crossed with a SCV. It's terrible. And the guy inside it looks awfull aswell. I prefer much more the old mad scientist having troubles with monkeys. At least it shouldn't have a moustache. It should have a crazy garage guy look rather than this!

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @Eye i think thats a temporaray avatar for the nomad because that is the exact same one used for the SVC's

Yah the Star BAse does look nice. Also taz you put stargate instead of star base in the thread title just and FYI.

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Oh yea!! I can picture 3 BC's flying along with the stargate firing down fiery hell with their new Plasma Torpedo ability being constantly recharged by the flying Starbase.

7. ced

ced New Member

Canada
    Eye_carumba::
    The portrait of the guy with the baseball cap is the SCV portrait. They only have portraits done for a few units so they got spread around all the other units for the Blizzcon demo.

8. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Oh, ok! But I still think that an SCV charachter pic should be a skinier guy, and not this one. The nose picking guy was much better! lol I hope they don't ruin the pics of siege-tanks like they did to the robot avatar, or the SCV. The protoss avatars look decent, but the humans are weird.

They should stick with the SC1 line: ppl in a dark environment, lots of computerish lights around and tight space. That's what humans have of most valuable anyway: improvisation. If they suddenly start building manors for Supply Depots and making confortable SCVs, it'll take away the Terran spirit of fighting in harsh conditions that made them feel so heroic in the first. Leave the confort for the protoss!

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I was so excited when I heard about Starbases. Now Terran bases will have a lot more room to place other stuff, AND a mobile production center

I highly doubt it's very comfortable being half dead in an immortal or nearly crushed to oblivion in a stalker

10. burkid

burkid New Member

and dont forget blinking. that has to feel unplesant.

11. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Nooo! They ruined the nomad! It should like the science vessel maybe smaller! If the nomad doesn't have irradiate, something beter have it! Grabs the nearest thing in a dress and kisses it... I mean her..

12. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    One thing I wanna know: Could the Starbase be taken along on Certain rushes to regen the energy of everyone, or do you think it'll be far too slow?

13. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

The usefulnes of the Starbase was question from someone in another topic, but i decided not to start a topic just for that, so i just wanted to give my 2c what the base can do besides just replenish mana.

It basically gives your fleet complete freedom from your base, you have the nomad who can repair the units and units producing will not get cought by the enemy while moving to the main fleet, and the reinforcements will come much sooner that way.

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yup, and the stargate can produce units while hovering above water so it will be unlikely that your enemy will find the production centre of your fleet on land and he'll probably be omgwtflolz for a sec.

15. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I'm sorry but the nomad is just fugly. They have to redesign it asap.

16. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I could create a topic named "Nomad: the ugliest unit Starcraft staff has ever conceived!" lol Just about EVERYONE hated it! lol I begin to petty it. C'mon, it's not that horrid! xD Oh no, wait, it IS! xDDD

17. paragon

paragon Guest

haha they stole the re-arm icon from warcraft 3.

18. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

imagine this, u have 1cattlebruiser, 1nomad and 1starport

and, the nomad can heal the BC(cost energy), the starport can replenish the energy of the nomad..
    wouldnt this make the cruiser undefeatable to a certain degree..?

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the nomad is ugly. change it and make it look better like the new siege tanks.

20. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

starport can't replenish nomad's energy forever. anyway science vessel looked so much better