Photon Cannon -> Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jun 29, 2007.

Photon Cannon -> Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jun 29, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I am thinking that the Phase Cannon is an upgrade option for Photon Cannons. It only makes sense that you would want to make your stationary turrets into mobile ones as the game progresses. It's similar to that of WarCraft and the Tower upgrades and it seems to be possible now that the Protoss are shown to know more about sculpting reality and space.

NOTE: I already know that there is a Phase Cannon topic but this one differs as it takes a swing at speculation.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

i think i said something like this in a different topic.
    i totally agree with you though.

3. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i think theya re 2 different structures. photon cannons are stronger.

4. burkid

burkid New Member

and how do you know that photon cannons are stronger?

5. paragon

paragon Guest

As did I
    And I also agree.

6. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Kind of obvious. Mobile and Versatile is always weaker than Stuck in place, since it has side abilities that enhance it.

Also, I think it would be better if it was a side unit with the Photon Cannon available as well. It just adds to tactics and fun.

EDIT : Phase Cannons can then upgrade into photon cannons (like root down forever, with the price of a photon) and stay like that forever. So it's simpler than BOOM BOOM *warp*

7. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

it'd be cool if they could switch back and forth. due to different parts of the game. it'd also make it'd more popular since now it wont have to be a "forever" building

8. burkid

burkid New Member

or maybe, they can do the same ammount of damage so you dont need to switch them, phase cannon just be an upgraded photon cannon.

9. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

IF you Upgrade them back and forth though, it should cost, because there'd be way too much uberpwnzerinatorage then.

10. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Good point... if you are a Siege Tank. The Phase Cannon is essentially a Photon Cannon that moves, what is wrong with being an upgrade for mobility? The Protoss have had to adapt and tweak their existing technology to combat the new threats.

Not really. Like I mentioned before, the Phase Cannon is practically a Photon Cannon... that moves. It only makes sense that the Photon Cannon would be upgraded into a Phase Cannon, because who would want a "forever" defensive structure placed somewhere that is not as important as before in the late game? They would want to move it elsewhere.