phoenix screenies on blizz

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gold, Jun 16, 2007.

phoenix screenies on blizz

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Gold, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold New Member

thanks to markus in the shout box, there are new screenshots and things on the phoenix, it also says that the phoenix replaces both the scout and the coursiar, which confirms that its overload ability is infact from the splash damage of the coursiar

k heres the link
    http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/index.xml?tab=phoenix

if that wont open, heres the body text.

The phoenix is a swift and deadly spacecraft that is rapidly replacing the older scouts and corsairs in the role of fighter for the protoss. Phoenix patrols are a common sight on the outer rim of protoss territory, where they sweep deep space for alien threats. The twin ion blaster armament of a phoenix is highly suited to air-to-air combat and can also be used for strafing light ground targets.
    Sophisticated and lethal as the phoenix may be, all too often a patrol squadron will find itself heavily outnumbered by zerg or terran enemies. To overcome this weakness, phoenix pilots have developed a dangerous counter-ploy. A phoenix pilot can unleash a short-lived storm of destruction by overloading its warp field through the ship's ion blasters.

The area-effect discharge is devastating and can destroy a large number of enemies at once, but it comes at a price: in the aftermath the phoenix is left temporarily powerless and crippled. Wary foes have learned to flee a phoenix overload and return moments later to destroy the helpless craft. In turn phoenix pilots have begun to use staggered discharges to catch their enemies in a web of destruction.

These desperate tactics are frowned upon by protoss commanders, but have become tacitly accepted as a necessity in the desperate times facing the protoss. Through extraordinary dedication and bravery, these daring pilots have done much to even the odds.

the only reason i am posting all of this is for people who cant open the page (it gave me a little trouble as well)

2. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

How about Disruption web?

3. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Protoss are starting to sound more like Terran. They have become more clever and resourceful to make up for the lack of having a huge ultra-powerful army.

4. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

the scout and the corsair will be sorely missed. :-[ but the overload ability is surely gonna pwn

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    The Disruption Web will be surely missed...But now we got a new fangled fighter that shows Blizz's new obsession with giving Protoss a lot of prisimy looks :good:

6. Meloku

Meloku New Member

I was just thinking that. It seems like blizzard has their races confused XD

7. Mike

Mike New Member

I agree with you, Meloku.
    Soul Hunter ~ Vulture
    Tempest ~ Guardian (I explain why in Tempest thread)

OF course there is a lot of pretty unique units (Stalkers, Mothership, Nydus worm are just a few) but also unnecessary similarities.. Hopefully Blizzard will make it up with new race-specific units for Terrans and Zerg :)