Phase Templar -Dark Templar upgrade

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by overmind, Jul 7, 2007.

Phase Templar -Dark Templar upgrade

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by overmind, Jul 7, 2007.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    how about a unit that can phase out and in? like you have a group of PTs charging a lot of seige tanks the tanks fire the PTs phase out dodging the blow and phase back in closer than ever to hack the tanks apart.

sort of like the stalker but you can use it to dodge attacks aswell.

2. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I was actually going to start a topic on this except I was going to call it Fade. My Fade was going to be a specific High Templar ability that allows the High Templar to warp the space around it causing him to fade out while he stood still to recuperate his lost mana. Fade would render some physical attacks completely useless, but not all. Fade is an ability made by combining the energies of the void (Dark Templar) with that of the Khalis (High Templar.)

The phasing in part would take a lot out of StarCraft 2 as the game engine would have to identify each individual PT and ensure that no attacks harm it by successfully and repetitively phasing the unit in and out before an attack strikes (wheter it be visible or invisible.) This is a neat idea and would fit in with how Dark Templars and their new units but how would anyone be able to kill them if they can dodge attacks?

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

About your idea, ImaGiNe (Fade).....Would it only work in shadows?

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Uh... shadows? Well shadows will not make any big difference aside from the fact that it will be harder to spot his silhouette. I mentioned that the High Templar will only need to hold its position for it to come into check. And if you think that this is similar to whatever the Nightelves do, I guess it is but I have never touched WC3 aside from a few DOTA games at a local internet cafe.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Lol, na. In a book series I read, there's a creature called a Fade that slips in and out of and can travel through shadows.

6. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

*phew* I was about to melt some faces here. 8)

It would be nice to see some psionic powers that have intermingled between the light and dark energies. Let's say Psionic storm is twice as devastating... Mmm...

7. DontHate

DontHate New Member

sounds cool. would it only be for a short second like the feary dragon?

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it would give you a chance of dodging attacks more so seige attacks it wouldn't make you invunerable.
    maybe for twi archon?

Void Templar that sounds much better!

it would take a sh*tload of Physionic energy to dodge attacks using this but still
    since the DT is invisible this would also be as for fade being a HT ability id say so.

9. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Similar to fearie dragons in war3. Judging from how much blizz has already taken from their other games (zealot charge from wow, uprooting cannons like ancient protectors, blink) I'd say that an ability like this is a possibility. :good:

10. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

And make Immortals/stalkers useless.

11. Alukard

Alukard New Member

or fade templar could appear as it attacks? or it could desapear when it attacks like going into Fade Mode or something

12. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

All good ideas, but if Fade was triggered, it would be a bit tough, since the ST's attacks are Direct hits, no waiting time between the BOOM from their cannon and the BOOM in your face.