Petition: Bring back the Predator!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Feb 6, 2008.

?

BRING IT BACK

1. Bring it back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way... (why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Something new (idea)

100.0%

Petition: Bring back the Predator!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    [img width=224 height=149]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8679/predatortm0.jpg[/img]
    I dont want to discuss the Predator's good points and bad, there is already a topic on that. This is just to show Blizzard that we need the Predator back as I'm sure we can agree Terran has a huge gap in decent AA and do not have a unit exclusivly for AtA at the moment.

To discuss it or get info on it look here:
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=47&topic=1575.0

If this belongs in spam land plz move it, I wasn't quite sure but I think it belongs here as Blizzard should get the message Terran need the Predator or something similar back.

If you don't agree, give me a strong reason why and I'll delete this topic :]

2. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I agree with bringing the Predator back.

Right now the Terran air force contains the VIking (good against capital ships), the Banshee (anti-ground), and the Battlecruiser (good against everything, but can be swarmed or overpowered). They need something that can take care of lighter air units and protect the Nomads and Battlecruisers.

They perhaps took the unit out to begin with because it was too targeted against Terrans. After all, they are the only race that actually shoots projectiles (missiles). I'm sure Blizzard could come up with a suitable replacement or figure out a way to extend the ability, though.

Even if the Predator was not brought back, the Terrans still desperately need something to fill the vacant Starport spot.

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    yes your right...

and dont forget factory is missing another unit...atm they only have Crucio Tank and The Viking

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    As good as the Viking may be the limitation of it having to transform to switch targets hurts its usefulness and I think it would be nice to get a dedicated anti-air unit

5. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    I think the nomad is failed idea of a unit, so there should be replacements.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It's obvious that Blizzard is going to bring it or something similar back. First off, if we here at starcraft2forums.org have realized that Terran is lacking in the Ground-to-Air and Air-to-Air departments, don't you think that Blizzard itself would have noticed? Just because they aren't working on it at the moment does not mean that they're going to leave it out. Secondly, the Starport still has an empty space at the moment. The Viking is now being built from the Factory meaning that the space it held in the Starport is now open again. As for Ground-to-Air, there is also a last place in the Factory where the Firebat used to be, so it hasn't been left out either.
    I did disagree with the Marauder not being designed with Anti-Air capabilities, because it puts a lot of pressure on both of the Anti-Air units. I'm not saying that the Marauder definitely doesn't have a Ground-to-Air attack, but if it does it shouldn't fire grenades. Grenades are perfect for attacking ground units, but wouldn't be effective at attacking air units at all.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Obvious or not we have no idea on what Blizzard are doing. This is simply to inform them on a large scale we want it back. If you agree that Terran need the Predator and you belong to other forums also, start a petition.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    You said in your opening post that you wanted the Predator or something similar (being an Air-to-Air unit). Blizzard is working on the Marauder at th moment, but that doesn't mean they've left it out. Chances are that they do have one in their build, they just haven't told us about it yet.

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I dont think there is missing a factory unit. But i agree that the predator should return, the faster the better.

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Why must you constantly oppose me. Work with me man aghh.... if you are not forgive me it kinda seems that way, not only in this thread.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't even see why you would assume that. They haven't had a dedicated AA unit for a couple of months now

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    As far as we know, yes ;)
    How long have they kept the Zerg a secret? Keeping a Terran AtA secret for a month or two is NOTHING compared to that :p They are probably not ready to recieve feedback on it yet.

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

most want a terran GTA unit well for me i rather have a ATA terran unit since the viking can still switch to air mode and atttack air.

marines and ghost are the only ground unit that can attack air units, plus the air mode of the viking is good enough imo.

plus terran needs a new ATA fighter (not the viking, coz its bulky and shoots missiles) for lorewise sakes. ^^

14. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

Yes they need more ground vehicles...but I definately want the Predator back. It would be a great unit. Also, it would replace the Valkyrie, which was for AtA. But speaking of ground units, being that they scrapped the Cobra, we still need a replacement for the vulture!

And what zeratul said; I hope that this "new unit" that replaces the vulture is not only GtG but also GtA.

But I'm sure Blizzard will balance the game out perfectly.

And Inside Sin...the Nomad will come in very handy you watch..

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    How about a generally weak but specialized unit that has 3 modes and I say this because Terran mechs transform a lot as do their buildings.

For example: You're in a battle and Zealots show up, switch to the normal mode. You kill the Zealots but a group of Phoenix threatends your units, activate the anti-air cannons.
    Third mode? You guys can speculate upon it if you like the idea.
    [flamesuiton]

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Marauder which was made when the Firebat was scrapped is made in the Barracks. The Firebat was going to be made in the Factory, but now that it isn't in the build, there is still a spot in the Factory to be filled.
    As Gasmaskguy said, they've kept Zerg a secret, so why not keep the Terran Air-to-Air a secret until it's ready? They've definitely got more Zerg units than the ones their telling us about, because otherwise they'd just have to kinda slot all the Zerg units in and hope they fit, instead of designing each of them as they go.
    I feel that Terran already has enough versatility. Marines, Vikings and possibly the Thor are all units that are able to attack both Ground and Air targets, so having another would seem a bit pointless. It is true that a lot of Terran vehicles and buildings transform, but they already have the Viking, Siege Tank and all their buildings that can do that. They need more specific units now, mainly in the Anti-Air department.

17. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes, but 2 units seems enought for me...

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    @ItzaHex, and by specific I wouldn't mind Terran having a generally weak unit but it has weapons which you can toggle, kind of like the Cobra meaning is isn't generally versatile as you have to make the right choice when switching.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @Zergalicious. If the unit is more versatile then its attack damage will suffer. Seeing as Terran do not have a particularly strong Anti-Air force at the moment, they would be more beneficial getting a pure Ground-to-Air or Air-to-Air attacker that deals more damage, than a versatile unit that can hit both Ground and Air and deals less damage. Terran already have an awesome Ground-to-Ground lineup, so why do they need more?
    So what? There is still another unit that's going to come from the Factory to replace the Firebat.

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    You are not reading what I am saying. The unit has no main attack but instead has modes which can be toggled. But when its modes are switched it has various effects. (both have a long cool down for balance)

For example:
    Mode 1- Fires a burst shot of (something). Simple? no, it benifits to fit the situation because it fires a burst which spreads meaning it can hit multiple targets but of course the more spread out it is the less damage. Then this attack also has a new dimension close range since most of the shot will hit one target meaning critical damage for the unit it hits.

Mode 2- GtA attack which can home in on enemy targets from a great distance away, so in effect its like a GtA siege mode without the massive splash all the time.
    Now this attack can have 2 variables. It fires a war head missle meaning when the inital missles gets within a certain range it spreads out launching smaller missles from it which can attack a group thus havig a crowd control effect. This also means the mode is more effective from long range so how you use the unit can change greatly.
    Now if this was done close range it would be limited to one target without the nice splash damage since the missle can't break up without that velocity it gains during flight.

(yes I changed it a little from my first idea but am not stating specifics as this is just an initial idea)

As you can see it adds nice tactics and choices during battles and can be vulrable in certain situations without giving it some ability or cast which has been done. Also makes major sense lorewise for Terrans (humans) to fight long range as if you compared our conflicts from early history the distance we fight at has increased greatly.