Parthian -awesome hit and run unit!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by overmind, Jul 10, 2007.

Parthian -awesome hit and run unit!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by overmind, Jul 10, 2007.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    heres my concept for a unit;

it would have is like a superfast vulture but with no attack unless its manned

it would have a mounted machine gun on the back and any extra units can use their normal weapons
    can hold four Infantry

a group of units is being attacked at the frontlines you want to retreat them so you send in the Parthians! they sweep up and grab the marines they run away all the time firing on the pursuing zerglings you get out of range and turn around for another run...

the name comes from "parthian tactics" which is the way cavalry achers of old would fake retreat firing all the time.

it would have low HPs but the key would be in its speed.

thoughts ???

2. beBoy

beBoy New Member

Re: Parthian -awesome new unit idea!

hmm...... there's a cheesy tactic about this unit.... hit-and-run: fast move into base, unload the rines, kill, load the rines back, run... it's basically a land-base super fast dropship...~

3. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Just how many marines can this thing hold, because if this thing can hold 8, 7 would be firing their rifiles at least 7x6 damage = 42 and then the turret you talked about so maybe +10 so that would be a 52 damage air unit worth maybe 500 minerals and 50 gas (when loaded)

It depends on how fast you can build it and how much hp it has, but if it has the same amount of 150 of a dropship, this thing can take a base headon, or at least harass it with ease. If in the posibility that the marines are level 3/3 and they got their rifle upgrades... this thing would destroy all thats at least 70 damage

4. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    lol, great refrence to history, i like the idea, but the only amount that could be loaded on is a max of 4 infantry, any more and it'll be unfair

tho i thought u were talking about those protoss vulture things in the new pics when i first saw ur post

5. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    With all these new upgrades the marines get, this thing will still do more than a battlecruiser. That would be fun to watch :thumbup:

6. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Sounds like faster, less armored version of a unit from Yuri's Revenge (I forget the name) Plus hit-and-run doesn't really seem like Terran style to me.

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    well having a sheild on ex-cons doesn't seem like a terran style to me :(

8. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

A mobile bunker, I like the idea, with a little bit of alteration it would be outstanding. Hit and run fits well into the terran strategy, superior mobility is one of their trademarks after all. Great job :powerup:

9. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

hmmm i posted this same idea like 2 days ago just with the dropship.

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

So your idea was more like an aerial mobile bunker?

11. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Having some suicide unit sounds more terran to me. They could be like the possessed Zerg/terrans from SC1 and it could balance “storm†ability from templars.