overpowered zerg?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Tankman131, Mar 18, 2008.

overpowered zerg?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Tankman131, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

Several of my friends, colleges, and other posters seem to find the new zerg units to be overpowered. the ultralisk is supposed to attack 4 at once, the infestor mves under ground, and the nydus worm can pop up any where a zerg player can see. I personally do no see this as overpowered, but many may, so put your thoughts into this topic so i may feed on it like i do your soul.

P.S. Nydus Worm anymation is awesome

2. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

the ultra was lacking somthing, being able to attack more units, makes it more usefull to me, remember that this would only make it effectiv against grouped units, how is that any diferent to the splash damage of the rever or terran tank??

I dont know much about the infestor, but you say it moves underground, this is just zergs way of a undetective moving unit like a gost or a dark templar, so how is that over powers?

worm popping up anywhere? this sounds much like terrans, warp in to me..

I say its fair.. and if not right now... it will be..

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

What's up with race release and people being like "overpowered!"? This happened with both the Terrans and the Protoss as well!

Of course a race is going to look overpowered when it is first released. It's a whole set of entirely new mechanics that are even more exciting simply because they are novel to our eyes.

Now, I recognize that the Zerg are probably the least polished right now, and therefore may have a little bit of imbalance, but come on we're talking about Blizzard here! The game is going to be balanced when it's finished - don't worry!

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

personaly the nydus worm whould at least have some signal that its coming or have the loading like a old overlord and not load 50 freaking units. Also the infector is a tad over powered. thr infesting of a building that is not even damaged on top of the fact from what i hear that it dosent go away.....thats extramly wack! u lose a building with full health! forever. I dont care what any one else has to say about this but thats just not far. The Corrupter is kinda odd. the pink color should be turned into a dark tanish color with team colot on the sides and stuff. it looks to flamboint. its effect if kinda cheep but why more balance then the freaking infector. atleast when they get the unit its half way messed up and already. to really even this out the unit should loose 1 hp per second to show that the remaining people inside the air craft put up a fight all the way to his selfdestructing death. :)

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    When everyone saw the Protoss, everyone started screaming 'overpowered!'
    I'm not surprised people think this right now.

6. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

I agree with what you said about the infestor, that does seem a bit overpowerd, I would think some damage should be reqired, or they would just pop up anywhere and infest the back ends of your base just because they can with ease..

But I would think that the warm would work like the nydus and allow unlimited to transport

7. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

*EDIT*

I dont think the zerg are overpowered. The worm works like the drop pod, so it's not unlimited. As for the infestor, I have no idea really. Originally, it looked overpowered, then I read some of the stats, then it seemed weak. Then I thought about some strategies, now it seems balanced. I guess I'll wait for the actual unit preview/demonstration for zerg, the one with talking and explaining, before making huge assumptions.

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    OMG, I can't believe people are already calling the Zerg overpowered a couple week after its release. The videos were showing the Zerg race in general, not how balanced they were. The stuff you saw in there were advantageous for the Zerg to make them look cooler. Let them be, at least wait until we know a LOT more before you start complaining about balance. And this is still alpha phase the game is in. There's going to be imbalances. :p

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

When they first announced the game everybody thought the protoss looked overpowered, and then after they unveiled the terran everybody said they looked over powered, and now people are complaining that the zerg are overpowered.

Go figure.

10. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    You can tell its coming before it ever appears. It has to move to the location before it breaks the surface, if you have detection, you can see where it is. And if you dont have detection when the zerg has teched to nydus worns, you deserve getting your base invaded.

Also, you can see it clearly when it first appears before unloading units. If you have fast reflexes and your army is near, you can kill it before a single unit gets unloaded.

There will be a limit to the amount it can carry, it's not like the nydus cannal from sc1.

11. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

you contridicted yourselt
    "I dont think the worm works like he drop pod, so it's not unlimited"
    drop pods are limited

12. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I think Jon said that Nydus worm can take 12 units at once, so that's not OP.
    Infestor though was overpowered since it could infest building while burrowed. Sure, you're supposed to have detectors and all, but imo an ability like that shouldn't be cast from underground.

Overall if any race is overpowered now it would be Protoss, not Zerg. But it will all change, actually it most likely already changed multiple times since 10th

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Wow.

If anything is overpowered its that Colossus.
    Meee is correct. If anything the Protoss are the closest to overpowered, but thats how its supposed to be since they are the badass 125632 year old psionic aliens.

From when you say the whole race is overpowered, that simply shows your narrow mindedness. The Zerg video was supposed to showcase the Zerg. It is biased in the Zergs favour. Not all scenes were real scenarios that would acually happen in a game.

If you actually watched any of the player v player videos you'd see the Zerg are not powerful early game so far. In every video I've seen, the Queen got owned.

Its just a matter of time, be patient :]

14. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    yes, from what jon said, the nydus worm can carrier 12 units, but he also said that after that, it acts like a nydus canel with the nydus warren.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    We have like no opinion to say if this is OP, because we saw like 2 videos of the Zerg, we dont know there cost etc.

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Yeah I know, haha. Typo, I meant to type, I dont think the zerg are overpowered. i don't know where the rest went.

???

17. SCunite

SCunite New Member

Its not overpowered its just that skilled players will have an easier time playing against the zerg as a noob would.

18. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Well so far Ive seen about 10 games with zerg (not counting the demos and other Blizzard gameplay videos) and in ZvP the zerg lost almost everytime. I am sure that it was partially because of the completely reworked zerg race and players not used to it but still I dont think they are overpowered.
    It seems like the zerg is now more defensive at the start of PvZ match. From what Ive seen zealot rush was unstoppable unless the zerg quickely made queen and some tumors or massed lings, but then he cannot use that time to exp.

19. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    What 10 games? How can you have seen some games we havent?

20. SubTachyon

SubTachyon Guest

Huh? I missed your point there mate. :) I didnt say anything about seeing games that you (whoever that is) havent.