Only Zealots at Gateway?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Jul 12, 2007.

Only Zealots at Gateway?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kehmdaddy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

According to ign.com, the stalker, the immortal, and the soul hunter are all Tier 2 units formed at a new building called the Twilight Council. It says from the Gateway will come the Zealots, or something to that effect... Now I for one believe this is a misinterpretation, and that this Twilight Council is something needed to build those units at the Gateway, but if it is true, what are your thoughts on that? This Twilight Council could very well be the buildings seen in the screenshot with the Terran Siege tanks outside of a Protoss chokepoint, as there are two of them in order to increase production, but I hope this is not so.
    P.S... At IGN.com there are more screenshots that show more of the Team Color aspect, check them out!
    --Here's the Link to the screenies: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html
    --And to the article...: http://pc.ign.com/articles/803/803899p1.html

2. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

in the 20min video, stalkers, zealots and immortals warp in from the gateway, they could have changed it though, my gues would be that twilight council is another name for cybernetics core...

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

wow new screen shots and news (ign)thank you man.

4. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

More on the IGN.com report...
    "[T]he Twilight Archon, can be constructed by fusing together two High Templar, two Dark Templar, or one of each flavor."
    - Kind of a bummer, it would have been far more interesting if it were formed by a mix of the two, with the past archons created from the "pure" combinations.
    On the Tempest:
    "Micromanagement has been made a little easier for these guys as their Interceptors can be auto-built with a right click."
    - Pretty cool, however I am incredibly unhappy with the Tempest's size... in the IGN screenshots they appear to be smaller than Mutalisks...
    And in reference to my first post...
    "From the Protoss' Gateway manufacturing plant will come the basic Zealot units on the Protoss side, but from there on out the construction options greatly vary. The next tier construction building, a Twilight Counsel, can pump out Soul Hunters, the Immortal, or a Stalker."
    - Hmm...?
    --Forgot to mention, the Star Relic appears in these screenshots, however it is not seen attacking. Have they removed its attack completely?

5. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

in the interview with blizzard rep, he says that twilight council will open up more units, doesnt mean that they are built from twilight council

6. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I haven't listened to the interview yet but are you sure? The IGN reporter seemed to have said it, plain and simple, and it would explain why there are multiple unknown buildings in several of the new screenshots, plus they have Soul Hunters right next to them... anyhow, I'm checking it out now as I type.

--Indeed, he does say open up. I was correct in saying that it was a misinterpretation, but way to catch that. Well, looks like problem's solved!

7. Ych

Ych New Member

I'm pretty sure that the Twilight Counsel will work as an upgrade faculity + opens up new units to be build on in the Gateway, which is similar to how the Cybernatics Core worked in the original SC1. It seems like buildings are going to have a lot of them renamed and probably overhauled also.

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

High Templar + Dark Templar will definately be made at the gateway. Maybe the others... who knows they might change it.

9. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    i thought blizzard decided to make those guys in the gateway?

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

DT and T HAVE to some out throught the gateway, I'd be pretty pissed if I have to build an entire structure to obtain ONE unit, even if it owns like the zlot.

11. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

It says the building once built allows you to then warp in units so i believe that means you make them all from the gateway.

12. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Yes, the IGN.com article misunderstood the Blizz Rep and gave a very bad description of how the Twilight Council was going to work, or so it seems. The Twilight council will open up more units to be built, most likely, and hopefully, at the Gateway. If you watch the most recent video interview on IGN.com, you can see where the misunderstanding took place.

13. Skylark

Skylark New Member

It's sort of like saying "You build dark templars at the templar archives". It's not entirely true, but it's not false, either. Yes, you need the templar archives to produce the unit, but it doesn't actually come from that building.

It's kinda splitting hairs, yes, but in the end it's all about space. I'd rather them all be produced at Gateways, if for no other reason that I won't have to set aside a different area just for the Twilight Council when building rows of unit-producing buildings.

14. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    and if in case zealots are the only units in gateways, that's really stupid coz its the only unit there. talk about waste.

15. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Let's think a little before posting this stuff. Starcraft.com 's own features state the structures units will be built at. Look at yourself: the Immortal, at least, will be built at the Gateway, and I'm sure it'll be the same for the Stalker and both Templar units.

16. Ych

Ych New Member

Regarding to this Twilight Council issue, I am thinking that scouting in SC2 is going to be even more important. Because form what we know, the Twilight Council opens up 3 units, (Stalkers, Immortals, and Soul Hunters). You have to know what the enemy is going to go for because all 3 of those serve totally different purpose. Say for example, you are playing Protoss against the Terrans, and you scouted out that he has 3 rax pumping out mass infantries. You as the Protoss player will of course start to mass Soul Hunters to counteract it. Or, if the Terrans start to get siege tanks, you will start to get Immortals. Same thing with the Terrans. He will have to scout and build accordling. Opening up 3 totally unique units with a single building is going to be very interesting in that, you have a lot of variety to beat your opponent accordling to the situation.

17. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I think that's a great point. It will truly be interesting to see how games play out now and it will even a lot of microing and out thinking your opponents.