Omegalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Edward, Jun 22, 2009.

Omegalisk

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Edward, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Edward

Edward Guest

Is it possible we may be able to use/confront this unit in single player? Or at least be able to use it in the new map editor?

As the zerg rely on overwhelming force, not single units, it is apparent as to why it was removed in multiplayer.

Another question, will the aerial zerg queen from starcraft I be available in the map editor as well? I was actually quite a fan of those, one of the most powerful units when used correctly.

2. cbs-striker

cbs-striker New Member

they said it'd be available in the map editor, afaik

3. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    I'm pretty sure that all of the units from the first are going to be in the editer. And a few more like (probly) the terratron and other out ragious units.

The map editor sounds like it would take up more hard drive space then the acuall game will. Lolz

4. Edward

Edward Guest

Hmm, actually having the Terratron in-game (via editor)!?

Sounds like I'm making a new and modern Island Defense!

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well theres going to be a lot of new ideas put into play in the editor. theres just so much you can do. and theres no bonds to how creative people can get these days.

6. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    All scrapped and classic units/buildings will be in the editor. It's possible that a few will make an appearance in the campaign, but it is not guaranteed.

7. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    I sure hope that some SC units will make it into the SC2 camapaign

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

We might see some dragoons ect in the campaign but who knows its probably going to blow minds.

9. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Blizzard has put out contradictory statements on what will be in the map editor.

I do not believe that every old model will be in the map editor, even if Blizzard said that last year. Things can change, and Blizzard doesn't always update us.

10. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    yea, and if they put every last unit that was in the first and the second game plus all of the other "super" units like the terran tron and the Omegalisk the editer would be more laggy then trying to play with 8 other ppls on bnet with increadibly high latency.

im sure thats exagerated but you would have so many units to choose from in the editer it would make it the map makers ultimate christmas present.

11. Edward

Edward Guest

Although I try to refrain from trolling, I need to comment about this. This is not an insult to you anyway, just a clarification.

The effectiveness and speed at which the map editor (or any map editor) will run is based upon your system specifications in memory and graphics (and occasionally audio). Your internet connection (latency) will not affect it.

However, playing on Bnet with "laggy" people your system specs do not come into play there, simply the highest ping between two individuals among all players and the sever determines that.

I do not see how adding units to the map editor would do anything to a relatively fast desktop computer.

However, I may indeed be wrong.

Anyway, this thread is not about this topic either.

12. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I was more talking about computers that were slower, so yes your right. But I was also pointing out that if they cram to much into the editor then it could cause crap LIKE laggyness on Bnet.

13. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member