Offensive terran buildings

Discussion in 'Terran' started by myrcutio, Mar 14, 2008.

Offensive terran buildings

Discussion in 'Terran' started by myrcutio, Mar 14, 2008.

1. myrcutio

myrcutio New Member

I just had a crazy thought, what if terran buildings had laser ports on the side of em, so when they fly around they go pew pew on nearby enemies. I know it would be terribly imbalanced, but imagine the sight of an entire terran base bearing down on you with laser beams flying Star Wars stardestroyer style!

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It would look pretty funny to see someone get owned by a bunch of barracks. Speaking of which it might be possible in the editor, you never know.

3. ninerfanj343

ninerfanj343 New Member

seems pretty pointless if you ask me.

4. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

loll, what a funny idea, the thought of getting pwned by moving buildings, whats worst, getting finished by workers or betting pwned by flying buildings lol

5. Zacron

Zacron New Member

i think that is not a bad idea,bcos Nightelf have something like that.

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    The night elves had giant living trees as buildings and they attacked with their hands, which fitted in the game really good. A barrack that has lasers just does not seem like a good idea to me. You already have the planetary fortress, which should be enough. Oh and Wick, I am almost 100 percent sure that it is possible to make it work in the editor, since you could already do that in the warcraft 3 editor. I find it hard to believe that Blizzard will take a step back with the editing possibilities in their editors.

7. BinaryBanshee

BinaryBanshee New Member

I think this is a really good idea. All buildings that can take off could have a smaller version of the planetary fortress gun that only deploys when they take off. Wouldn't want it to interfere with the gameplay or become a tactic in any way, so it could be nerfed to do only a tiny amount of damage. Just be interesting to have it for the way it would look 8)

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

HAHA. air lift like 5 barracks that have alazer attack and fly over some ones base. lol. that would be funny. i could imagine some one flying buildings into your base before a major battle and ur units stop to attack the buildings while ur units are creepin up behind those massive flying fighters. lol

9. BinaryBanshee

BinaryBanshee New Member

You can laugh but it fits perfectly with the Terran idea of high mobility. You attack a weak expansion with your own flying buildings and then immediately land, 5 SCV's pop out the command center and build bunkers and in under a minute you've completely taken over an enemy position 8)

10. Ych

Ych New Member

Speaking of offensive buildings, I just thought of a new mechanic that could work well for the Terrans.

Introducing a new unit:

1. Advanced SCV (Sucky name, can't think of a good name for it LOL).

My stats for Advanced SCV is something like this:

Build from Command Centre once you have armory
    60HP
    Costs 200/100
    Build time around the same as a Siege-Tank

This would be a mid-late game unit. It's abilities are that it can construct any factory/starport units on the battlefield. But constructing them would take a lot more time and cost more then been constructed from a factory or starport. That way, you can basically build factory/starport units anywhere you want. But you have to decide whether if the extra cost/time to produce the unit that you want is worth it. Advanced SCV are fairly expensive and low HP. Therefore, you can't mass produce them since they get destroyed very quickly. They can't mine minerals/gas but can build everything that the SCV could.

I think this unit suits the Terran theme and also differentiates the Terran from other race. Makes them more unique too. I believe it would add alot more strategy to the game. Building more factory/starport is still more convenient because the units cost is much cheaper and of course, their build-time is shorter. However, the advanced SCV ability to build any unit from the Factory/Starport really opens up alot of surprise tactics/choices. My numbers are subjected to change in terms of balance.

11. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    I guarantee you this is possible in the editor. It should be very easy too.
    When the unit it lifted off, give it an attack. I was thinking missile Turret Style AA and pewpew AtG.
    Make a Terran Mothership.
    God I love the WC3 Editor, I'm so excited for the SC2 one.

12. screw

screw Guest

Wouldn't this be kind of OP?
    Just imagine, you start a game as Terran (vs. Z or P), lift of your commando center, move it to the enemy base and ... well, just destroy it with the pewpew lasers of your CC because the enemy isn't able to do anything.
    It would be funny, but quite senseless.

Maybe as an upgrade for later in the game, but why should you attack with slow moving buildings, if you could build a normal (stronger) army in the same time?

13. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

Can the planetary fortress lift off from the ground ands if so can it attack while lifted off?

14. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    No. Once you upgrade your command center its grounded.

15. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

thats what kinda sucks

16. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

as long as those cannons are awesme, i might even consider making sevral planet fortress as a defence lol they seem strong and look cool so why not. also, what is the star base?

17. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

starbase is an upgrade of the starport where it can move and build building at the same time but, its canceled now

18. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Ooh! Ooh! Barracks that continue producing marines while flying, but the marines will crash and splat on whatever is below them. Pretty dumb, but it will be funny to see. Perhaps you could even bunch up lots of flying barracks and have a fountain. Good for the "Lots of Gore" setting, if Blizzard makes one. Or maybe have a Planetary Fortress that can rip several Bunkers on its team, and then throw the buildings, still firing, at enemy ground or air forces. Extremely dumb, but would be fun to see. Look! That one just went two hundred meters! Woohoo!

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing a Barracks floating around like it's the pixie version of Barbie while spewing out Marines like a thief running from the cops with his pockets full of apples and oranges.

Except the Marines drop out of the Barracks on ropes.
    Because that'd be tight.

20. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Somehow, I fail to see the humor in Barbie Starcraft Barracks. Perhaps the barracks should fire endless numbers of dangerous objects. For example:

Massive Zerg base

Barracks

Barracks opens hatch

A man yells, "EAT VIOLENT SITCOMS, GENERAL PUBLIC!"

Results: Zerg base becomes massive bloody mess.