Nydus Worm like the ghost nuke?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by pajamasalad, Aug 14, 2007.

Nydus Worm like the ghost nuke?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by pajamasalad, Aug 14, 2007.

1. pajamasalad

pajamasalad New Member

Does this mean there will be another zerg unit that points out the worms location much like a ghosts posts out a nuke? This would preferable be a flying unit so it can function as the zerg transport. Just a thought I wanted to put out there.

2. Whatsifsowhatsit

Whatsifsowhatsit New Member

Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
    Actually, I hadn't thought about that like that yet... I just automatically assumed a building, I suppose... but in my opinion both would be kind of weird... but a unit calling it moreso, I think.

I think it will just be a building after all... but I agree, if it was a unit, a flying one would be preferable.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Nice I can't wait to find out more about Zerg.

4. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

I think a cool mechanic would be if it wasn't really the unit that pointed out the target, but the unit itself that WAS the target. After all, the Nydus Worm doesn't appear to have any eyes (it IS a worm, after all,) so wouldn't it have to be guided by something a little more substantial than just some Hydralisk pointing at a clot of dirt?

So this specialized unit runs around, and when it finds it's spot, it burrows, and like... explodes into a pool of pheromones or something. Whatever, it's underground, not like you'll see it. Point is, he dies. Three seconds later, the worm pops up. The unit doesn't have cloaking, so it's more vulnerable while it's searching, but the Worm comes much faster than the Nuke does. So while a Ghost could be killed after the Nuke has launched but before it lands, the chances of killing this Zerg unit if you only discover it after the Worm "launches" is pretty slim. Maybe give the unit the normal "Burrow" ability as well as the "Call Worm" ability to give it a better chance at survival. "Call Worm" could be used above ground to Burrow, then die, or just use when already burrowed. Heck, maybe that's how they did it in the demo video... they just had some burrowed unit that activated it's ability when the Protoss got too close.

All in all, I just want to put it out there that if they try to pull some ridiculous "Nydus Worm Launch Detected" ridiculousness, I quit.

5. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

why do ppl make their own threads? just continue from another one

6. Frost

Frost New Member

It will probably just be Nydus canal click, point where you want it to go, and it pops up with a slight delay and without any targeting beacon or response. Or it could just be that big yell it lets out is the warning that it's about to unload.

7. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Wait... Is the nydus worm going to be a permanent transporting unit, like the nydus canal, where units can keep popping up if the opponent doesn't kill it, or does it have to travel back to the base before reloading itself with units and popping out in the opponent's base again?

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Now that's what we don't know yet.
    I hope it will be perament. Overlord does the 'dropship' role.

9. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

If u think about this is really scary against zerg but this thing is late game though (well i hope it is)

10. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

personally i think it's just a temporary nydus canal that cost resources and doesn't have to be placed on creep

11. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i rkn its gna be a building. and yeah...

lol...

12. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

Just to add on wat paragon said worms do not have eyes but they have a sensitivity to vibration so they know that some1 or something is above its like the movie "tremors"

13. manaplague

manaplague New Member

It will probably be like the Nydas Canal and need to actualy see where you want to spawn the building. but that is a scary building/unit if the Queen is still around, parasite and Worm and overrun.