Nukes VS Mother Ships

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Monan, Jun 14, 2007.

Nukes VS Mother Ships

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Monan, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Monan

Monan New Member

what would happen if a nuk`was painted on a mother ship and the mother ship does the time bomb?

would it blow the mother ship or nothing would happen to thw mothership?

2. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Depend if it hits the mothership. As you can see in the movie, rockets are only slowed and not stopped by the timebomb, some still hit the mothership. But blizzard will probably ignore it and just let the nuke go fullspeed cuz its a nuke.

3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Well, it might delay the blast, but when the missle "falls harmlessly to the ground" will it blow or not? Power up for your question, i want to know the truth too lol. :powerup:

4. Monan

Monan New Member

but actually they also say that the missiles fall to the ground harmless and the nuk is usaly kind of slow, really i dont know.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

But the new nukes go pretty fast dont they?

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Well, I guess it still blows, but maybe you will have more time to evacuate your units, but man you have to do some fast microing.

7. Monan

Monan New Member

perhaps, the nuk would actually make a SLLLOOOWWW explotion iside of the time bomb.

Edited down quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unecesarily.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Like on invader zim, if anyone watches the show lol.

9. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

lol invader zim rocks!
    blizzard will probably make the nuke explode in the feild, and when the nuke goes off it deactivates the timebomb because the ship has no more power, so itl look like a normal nuke explosion.
    otherwise we will see some awsome slow motion effects :p

itd be realy awsome if when a nuke goes off right outside the feild there was a ripple effect on the bubble

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yes to all of the above :p

11. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

interesting query was thinking about this myself but id imagine that the time bomb wouldnt stop the explosion

12. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Don't think that too, the missile is way to fast :p but I guess the effects of the explosion could be slowed down....

13. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I just double checked the mother ships HP and one nuke wont pierce its shield (taking into consideration that the nuke is as powerfull as b4) so I dont see why the nuke cant blast through the time tomb.

14. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Because its a time shift, energies like heat shouldn't have any effect on it in that way (for the sake of science ;D)

15. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Lolz :p

Anyway nvm, it would pierce the shield but would not come near destroying it.

16. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol i like your signature Ghost XD lmao

anyways i think once the nuke touches the timebomb it would either blow up then and there or it would go slower by 1/2 or some other fraction but the mothership would get hit either way because the mothership is the one holding the nuke and if it even moves a little bit it could distort the entire timebomb and BOOM!

also another question about timebomb (similar) what would happen if a mothership were to get locked down when it had it's timebomb up? probably the timebomb goes away because when you lock a arbitor the cloaking feild dies but couldn't you run from the lockdown? XD statsis probably won't be effected by the timebomb though, because it isn't a projectile

17. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Thx :)

18. mc2

mc2 New Member

The time bomb is only for projectiles, a nuke comes down via the force of gravity, so the time bomb won't have effects on it. Anyway killing the ghost 1st would be the best defense :p

19. Meloku

Meloku New Member

A very interesting question. I don't think it would be overpowered for the mothership to be able to stop nukes. Here's why

Think about it in terms of possibility:

Several things have to happen for this instance to occur

you need a mothership (within very close proximity) of the nuke. You need a mothership period. These things dont grow on trees. Your mothership must have energy. Your mothership must get the time bomb down fast (that nuke really flies in). your mothership must waste energy stoping a nuke that you probably (by this time) could have simply run away from.

Not to mention a ghost rarely nukes alone. Science vessels (if they exist) could reek havoc on your mothership. As could another ghost with lockdown / a few cruisers waiting to yamato.

In conclusion, I believe the mothership will be able to stop nukes, but it will not really be a prefered method of doing it. Then again, sometimes a nuke needs to be stopped at all costs.

But in reality, none of us know, these are only my thoughts, which are as good as yours.

20. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

hehehehehe, no rockets hit the mothership after the timebomb... it was the missles going through the timebomb barrier making similes of explosions, not actual damage to it. ever though of moving the mothership AFTER the nuke was painted on? it doesn't lock it down... and i doubt the nuke would blow after it hit the groung during a time bomb