Nice tip for forum regulars

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Aurora, Apr 3, 2009.

Nice tip for forum regulars

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hey there,

Most forum members probably already know the unread post button, but did you know you can bookmark it? When you use the regular url in the adress bar, you get the same results all the time. Instead, bookmark this link: Set this as your standard starcraft2forum.org bookmark, and when go to the site, you will see the latest posts right away! -only if you use the remember my login thingy, of course-
    It works great for me, and way better then searching on every board for new posts. Have fun!

Aurora

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    That's actually quite neat but I prefer to see the portal first to see if there's news and what not. As for your last sentence... 'unread posts' button? :p

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    At the top of the page. You can click it to let the forum auto-search for unread posts and sort them. But that was not my last sentence. :s

By the way, you can always just use the button instead of bookmarking it, I just like it this way. If there is news, then it will be in the unread posts anyways.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Reading is your friend ;) I wasn't asking what the button was, I was hinting at the fact that you don't need to look in all the boards for unread posts. Which is your last sentence barring the 'have fun' thing.

As for news appearing in the unread posts list, they do, but most of the time they aren't formatted properly and have no links, which makes the post practically useless.

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Lol @ response time.
    Anyway, you are right, I just like it this way and thought others might like it as well. If nobody wants to use it, fine with me. I just like posting things that might help others in some way, instead of only my opinion.