New Zerg Queen ability idea!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Nov 10, 2007.

New Zerg Queen ability idea!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Prodigal, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

I was thinking the Queen, being some sort of "Zerg Queen" really seems like she should you know...be producing Zerg units. So I was thinking what if the Zerg queens could lay and retain a stash of eggs? They could then nest them on the ground, they would hatch and you could morph them into units. This would be an advanced ability and would expedite the process of unit massing. Think of a queen that could lay six eggs, each hatch a massive zergling batch. Perhaps this would only logically work if the Zerg could lay eggs on the creep. ;D

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    This have been discussed zillions of times.

3. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    ya.... but its an interesting topic, and every thread might bring new ideas :D

EDIT: i think that is would have to be a either a fixed unit (like zerglings as u said) or just broodlings, cuz it'd be kinda imba if u spawned 6 ultralisks (if they come back) in the back of someones base

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Hehe, this topic is as common as the firebat topics were at one point (Why I ask?)

Oh btw Prodigal, welcome to the forums! :good:

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Interesting idea... I like it. It would be good for the zerg to have some way of making more units.

6. needler

needler New Member

Wouldn't it be like a Zerg Phase Prism? Maybe a bit slower, because the Queen would only lay eggs so the eggs have to morph to units after that. Maybe it should be combined with Spawn Broodlings. The queen would kill an enemy unit and instead of Broodlings there would come larva.

7. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Awesome idea too! That would work great! :D

8. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

No no no...you see the Zerg already have the Nydus worm which gives them extreme mobility...my idea for the Egg laying queen (or larvae producing queen et tal) would be that they would que up eggs maybe for minerals (like five minerals per egg produced) and then the queen would only able to nest and lay her eggs on Creep. So if you had like five queens with full egg caches (lets say 8 is the max per queen) then you could instantly lay 40 eggs...technically this would be an incredibly effective way of defending a base say should it be attacked while a unit of your army is attacking elsewhere...this could also be instrumental in a late game coup where you have a small squadron of queens spawning large armies that are swarming and slowly overwhelming your opponents base...only now your production queing is all the more efficient.

9. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    another ability the queen or something else could have is the ability to spit out creep onto the ground for faster expansion, and to lay the eggs in a surprising spot

LOL, i bet this idea have been said leik, 40 times ;)

10. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    i like this idea it would make it alot easier to make an army from just a few queens in the matter of like a minute which is the whole piont of the zerg swarm

11. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

or.... queens speed up production rates slightly :p?