New Unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

New Unit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    [​IMG]

Well I added the Queen for a reason, it looks like something she spawns and it may grow. Looks like a mindless instrument of death to me.

Update:

The green spidery-like building on the top left is the new art for the Baneling Nest, the prerequisite building to morph Zerglings into Banelings.
    The new art in the middle is the Infestor Pit, which allows Infestors to be built. Infestor upgrades are also available at that building.

As you can see, the Terran Jackals no longer have a single front wheel tire, but instead have two, giving it more of a 'buggy-like' feel.

-Karune

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    That might be a new Zerg unit that untilises the IK system. It looks a little bugged though.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It doesn't look so good.

4. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Oooo, that's very strange. I wonder what it will do. You can see a sort of web/net forming below it's front legs :D

P.S: I think it looks like the queens lair from the first starcraft, but that's just a thought.

5. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    maybe it's sunken/spore uprooted.. dunno

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I hope not, 1) it has huge, death-scythe type claws 2) Its the same size as the Hydralisk Den

7. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    errrr look at it's legs, it looks like it just got unborrowed... and look underneath it.. one more green thing! I think it's one more thing like that, just borrowed. When i said that i thought it's an uprooted sunken\spore didn't paid attention to those details.. i think it's: A) new lurker model, bcause u can see the back of the other one protruding from the earth, semi-borrowed like the lurker.. and if it is a lurker, where's the head? B) new zerg unit -or- C) sunken/spore colony uprooted, though more possible spore.

Just visited more forums and saw that ppl think this is a spore colony (uprooted) and under it it's another one.. and when u take a closer look, it might be possible.. look closer, it seems it fires at the banshee. Little blobs fly from the back of the green thing towards the banshee (u can see the trail)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Now we know it's the Baneling prerequisite; the Baneling Nest. Ugly though.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Edited original post.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

the green slime definitely will resemble it to the zerglings swimming pool so im definitely going for that as the baneling nest, kinda ugly though but whats beautiful with zerg structures anyway lol

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Why the hell is this "infestor pit" the same model as the Hydralisk den?

Anyways, I kinda like the Baneling thing. It looks dangerous.

12. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    how does it look similar? it looks different to me.
    anywyaz, the baneling structure...looks, ok...

13. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
  14. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well maybe if the quote wasn't taken out of context.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i wish the infestor pit is a zerg unit. xp

16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    So do I, that would be perfect for an Infestor model, just need to make it smaller, give it stronger legs. Oh and just note it isn't even a pit, I bet they have some motive to try that out as a unit.

I realized the Infestor would work well as the building, just make that larger. Blizzard has funny ways of doing things hehe.

17. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

its green its big its... the incredible hurk!! huuuurrrrrkkk phew (mucus slime with legs on rampage)
    the big green swimming pool looks very dangerous and looks very movile with its insect like legs...

I was really hoping for that carapaceous structure (infestors pit) on the middle to be the new lurker model, considering that its turning point to tier 3 was announced, it should definitely have more pros or explanations of doing so besides of the hydra being a conflict with the roach.. The lurker IMO is really one of the best drops out there so I was really sad to know that the zerg are running less available options for raiding plus the fact that the only transport we have as of now are nydus..

18. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    yes, i will very sorely miss the Lurker at tier 2, with it being at tier 3 i hope it will gain more health, faster burrowing time, or even able to move underground, its at tier 3 so even tho most people will have detection by then it would still have its advantage and would justified it being moved to tier 3... maybe, anyway just one of those improvements, or a combination of those, might make me happy about the Lurker again.

lol, the new banelings nest made me think that the lurker could be remodel to look very similar to that, and change its attack to where it would burrow then when the enemy units are right over it, it would thrust its claws above the ground to damage all units within its area of space(the circle thing when you have selected it), but it would overlap with the baneling then, and it might be a nerf tho, oh well. just a thought. brought by the new banelings nest model.

19. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The baneling nest is very big...very slimey...very green and very walky....i am scared, this darn thing looks like a unit with acid spewing out under it. Good looking building though

And the Infestor Pit looks like a unit, look like a crab but even cooler