New TVT gameplay. with banshee portrait and sound.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, May 27, 2008.

New TVT gameplay. with banshee portrait and sound.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, May 27, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

2. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The Thor sounds like a human/robot but their voice is....uh....lol
    the banshee's voice is good but the portrait looks like a man, i'm probably not looking properly and their death sound is ...rather funny......
    the BC is quite awesome: 'Who called in the fleet?' :D

Thanks for the vid

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Yup, the banshee is definitely a chick comrade of the valkyrie.. too bad it easliy got blasted off most of the times... was that a planetary fortress??

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Sweet find zeratul. It's nice to hear some of the new dialogue :)

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Awesome awesome awesome. Death from above is one of my trademark lines

6. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I love the new sounds! The ''Your base is under attack'' is so good!
    And of course the death from above.
    But the thor's voice isn't so good though...

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

very nice find, being i'm a terrnans man first i like seeing how the game is coming thus far.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i just added a high quality version video.

the thor is gta having the back canon as air flak canon. =\

anyway i think this is an old build right when the zerg was revealed in korea like 2 months ago.

9. dewmonster

dewmonster New Member

Does anyone else think they should just cut the Thor all together?
    I mean, it's GtA now right? But it's still massive?
    It just looks ridiculous.

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

if they down size it some more and make it look like twice the seze of a tank it would be like a gundam, lol that would be cool and make it like less space coast and it should be good.

11. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    yeah im actually starting to hate the thor..

though im still gonna own it with meh colossi!

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

the only thing that i dissagree with the thor is its size. I kinda like that its GTA force but its just too big. I dislike its freaking massive size. its not needed.

13. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

It seems weird that they kept the scv's voice for finishing a building but changed his voice for the rest of his actions. I believe they wanted to avoid race trouble by making the only black guy a worker so they changed him up for a truck driver.

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yes, I also am starting to actually lose patients for the Thor. I'd rather assult with Vikings as you can actually micro them. All those big units moving around so smoothly also looks so weird, it doesn't look as epic as Sc1 when you had a mass of Tanks and Dragoons clashing.
    But yea, big units moving so smoothly looks pretty weird and offsets things.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Agreed. I really don't like the way the Thor is headed. But you should keep in mind that this video is actually from the Zerg announcement, so it's really not up to date.

16. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Something gives me a feeling that the lines for the units are really random, and don't fit with characters, The banshees lines somewhat remind me of transport girl. I hope they take time on dialog for different units.

17. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    The Tank portrait is sweet
    I wana see the Valarie's portrait closer up.
    Great voices though
    Awesome find!
    POWER

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this yet, but rewatch from 00:14 - 00:16, and listen carefully. When the two SCV's were selected, they say "We hear ya". I just gotta say, that is awesome! Interactive responses. Can't get much better than that.

About the Thor, in all honesty, I felt it was working pretty well in this video. This was the first time I'd seen its Anti-Air attack and it looked pretty capable. The animation, the 'projectile', the damage, it all looked pretty decent, and not at all what I imagined it to be like. Since the Terran gameplay video I've just had that original concept of the original Thor tattooed in my mind and couldn't imagine it filling any other role, but after watching this it does seem to suit this role almost perfectly as well.

My only problem is with the Ground-to-Ground attack how its arms point outwards but aim inwards. It looks like it's not really aiming at what it's attacking. If that problem could be fixed, then it would make an awesome unit, both aesthetically and functionally.

In fact, another problem that I noticed in the other Terran gameplay video zeratul11 found was the number and size of the Thors. If there are that many, they need to be shrunk but seeing as no-one wants to have miniature Thors running hurriedly across the map, shrinking them isn't the way to go. They'll have to reduce the number of Thors. From what we've seen it looks like a very capable unit, otherwise players wouldn't have so many of them, so if their cost and food supply could be increased to match their usefulness, then there will be fewer Thors on the map so it won't look as clustered. That way there will also hopefully be more of a need for Marines and Vikings, etc, which we haven't seen to many of in these videos.

What was the building with the rotating satellite dish on top of it? It looked like an add-on to the Armoury, but what is its function?

I also liked how the Terran buildings were built. They pretty much helped to build themselves. The way they unfold and are constructed is just perfect.

One last thing, which I didn't particularly like, was how units just suddenly appeared when emerging from the Fog of War. I'm not sure how it could be fixed, but I definitely feel that something needs to be done about it. Units shouldn't just spring into existence like that.

furrer likes this.
  19. blind_outlaw

blind_outlaw New Member

Australia
    I think the Thor should ne shrunk due to it new role, it just seemed a little too big for its role, other than that i thought the Thor was fine throughout this vid

but like Hex said if we shrink it too much it goes from a Thor to the mini-hulk, i think the team at blizzard just needs to find the right size, one that fits the Thor but doesnt destroy the concept of what the unit is meant to be and that is a big bad assault mech

other that that i loved all that i saw and heard in the vid, great find

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think the satellite dish was the deep space relay. The prerequisite building for BCs. I personally think the Banshee's voice is kind of weak. I expected something a little more forceful from a unit like that. But I really love the Tank and the BC's avi. Awesome. They look just like I thought they should look.

Also, at 3:56, a Thor is selected, but its wreckage version. It's pretty cool, even though it was taken out forever ago.