New terran units

Discussion in 'Terran' started by wuffle, Jul 17, 2007.

New terran units

Discussion in 'Terran' started by wuffle, Jul 17, 2007.

1. wuffle

wuffle Member

I know you gus have all been dying to see some new Terran units and I have a source of what could posibly be some new units. http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc-general&t=209320&p=1&#post209320

They introduced a command center upgrade, revamped supply depots, detectors, vikings, and thors. People at the bnet forums are freaking out thinking the Thors are superunits. They obviously are not. Blizzard promised us each race would be unique. It seems that Terran are going even further in the direction of versitility and defense with and upgradable defense comand center, burrowing supply depots, and a transforming unit.

What do you guys think about them. The animations are crap but thats not how they will be so post more on the ideas.

EDIT:This has been posted about in general but I am talking about the terran units only.

2. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

i dont like the supply depot...they look fugly...VERY

3. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Dang you beat me to it ^_^

I'm having a geek-gasm over those units. They are all so awesome.

I think the submerging supply depots are just the best!

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Nvm... thor looks neat and i like the tranforming idea.
    Sort of seems like a tankish thing and a valkyria, of course that would be overpowering tho.

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

i see good firepower/defense in the terran, i like that, i like it a lot...

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I really like how they made the supply depot a defensive structure. They really got it right with this one.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I wonder if it's still attackable when dropped. I assume it is, but it would make it interesting if only by melee units or something.

8. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

they should seriously do something about the supply depot though...many fans dont like how it looks even thought the new ability is awesome
    can they get hit if it is "burrowed"

9. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I would guess so. It's not that hard to see a burrowed supply depot. Also that would be pretty cheap to hide them so u keep a good supply rate.

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I so just asked that.

11. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

This makes me feel that Terran will have even more of a quality before quantity mindset than even the Protoss... I don't know how much I like that. I don't think the Sensor Dome is simply a replacement for the Comstat Station- I think it has some crazy spying ability that probably has to do with radar, i.e. within a certain radius, it will show you enemy movement or units on the radar. That'd be very interesting, but most likely overpowered unless very late game. The only other thing I have a problem with is that the only adequately detailed unit is the Thor. But hopefully the graphics will come along later.

12. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Found a translation:

Twilight: Sacrafice two DK and boom! You have the even meaner Twilight Archon. But you already knew that didnt you?

HT: Recognize him anybody?

DK: ****ing Dark Templar. In the Second game I lost after 15 when a German rushed my base with three of the.

For the Terrans

Viking: Say hello to the terrans own Transformer. The Viking can switch form from fighter to mech. Conveinent if your flying and you want to avoid anti-air defenses.

Supply Depot: New in the Earthlings base: A building which can submerge so that your units can pass by. Also works like a first defenseline in your base at tier 1.

Marine: It wouldnt be Starcraft without them, they are the backbone of the terrans afterall..

Planetary Fortress: Terran HQ can be ugraded to a Planetary Fortress. It is a HQ with alot of ****ing defenses.

Thor: The Biggest new boy is called Thor and has gotten the name after the thundergod. A buddy like this can assault an enemybase well on its own.

Sensor Dome: With one of these you can see enemy units on the map, even if they are moving in undiscovered territory.

Ghost: Yeah, they are back.

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i dont think the idea of supply depot as "your food supply as well as your defensive wall etc." is good in reality or in starcraft universe.

but its still a great idea and strategy but anyway can't they just made some defensive walls (age of empires) and let the depots stay safe near the command center.

14. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

Like the idea of a Attacking Commandcenter. always forget to put a little defense there ^^

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the viking fighter in mech mode looks bulky and fat. they should make it look straight or long etc.

i hope viking fighter in mech mode or airship mode moves fast while the the thor moves slow.

16. Ych

Ych New Member