New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. surr

surr New Member

Well terrans are the next race blizzard is making so might as well talk about them..

I hope they have more unit that can storm in a base and kill on its own, really hard to plan units (siege mode, mines, yamato, lock downs and such)

Muti purposed marines dont sound half bad, battle cruiser awsome owned... The emp better come back.

Anyways what do you think about it?

2. surr

surr New Member

lockdown fill pawn half the toss unit so far lol..... mother ship, colossus, phoneix, warp rays, immortals, star relic, stalkers, probes (cant see why u wana through)

3. paragon

paragon Guest

I was watching the gameplay trailer with a friend and when the gameplay trailer said "A battlecruiser squadron of this magnitude" when there were only three battlecruisers he said "christ theres only three ships. they must be like "oh fuck a battlecruiser" when one comes"

4. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

I would like too see a new diverse set of air units for the Terran. I wouldn't mind seeing a bombing ship that fires for a medium-long range. Just a super tough unit that is especially good against ground and amazing against structures. It would be like the defense point breaker of the air for the Terran.

Also I just had a thought...how about hovering, or defense structure that fly and maybe even patrols in a very limited area...?

5. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha terrans don't like to change, they evolve and adapt so slow compared to the protoss and the zerg (and its been only ten years). it's going to be wraiths, battlecruisers, dropships, and maybe one or two new air units. I'd put money on it.

6. dlaxmcm

dlaxmcm New Member

i think it would be great to research different weapons for marines. instead of a new unit a marine can be armed with:

rocket launcher: (air/ground) bigger damage slower fire longer range bad against mass units great anti air or tank
    sniper: (air/gournd) huge damage huge cooldown great range high cost $$$$
    chain gun: (ground) constant damage can overheat (micro management) same range good vs. all

or a new unit: Engineer

can build little turrets and mini bunkers anywhere
    or field med bunker
    totaly invisible optic probe(cant be detected but is stationary and is destroyed when its creator dies) ???

7. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i don't like the marine options... sniper is more ghostish. they have what seams to be a chaingun...

8. paragon

paragon Guest

The problem with bombers in blizzard RTS games is that units just stay still when they attack (this is actually a good thing because one game I played has dynamic attacks where the units move around realistically to attack and this is very bad because then they run into the AA defense that the other team has and get ripped to shreds in seconts). however, bombers look dumb (dwarven flying machines of WC3).

The Valkyrie was originally going to be a bomber. So was the dropship. And yamato is the defense point breaker for the terran air.

dlaxmcm - this isn't Dawn of War...

9. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

you know that game that has technology advances? age of something. you start at stone age, and you can reach like far future? anyway, they have bombers, that just fly over and drop bombs.

10. StarFan

StarFan New Member

The new Reaper unit seems to be an interesting addition to the Terran arsenal seeing that they can be used in counter-attacking and base-raiding maneuvers..however with these Protoss upgrades/new units (mothership in mind!) these Reapers better not be the best of what this race has to offer!

11. Exterranminator

Exterranminator New Member

Bomber for terran could be good addition for us. In SC1 only Zerg had a bomberlike unit (guardian). Terrans suffers becouse of lack anti-ground flyer (Battlecruiser is to slow for fighting against Zerg dark swarm abilities), wright is stealth, but his attack is too weak. "Bombers" dont need to move to attack, f.e. bomberlike unit could be gunship with a anti-ground rockets or minigun.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

Or a side mounted howitzer cannon like the AC-130 Spooky. And their attack animation could be them circling around the target.

13. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Incendiary weapons please.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

15. taz

taz New Member

well terren aspect i'ld like to see blizzard improve is actually the bunker:-

1- increase the firepower/capacity that it can deliver/hold
    2- seeing that both the zerg and protoss have means of quickly traveling through the map, why not implement a tunnel system for the terren, where bunkers are the poit of entry/ exit

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

terrans should not rely much on bunker for ground defense. a new structure maybe a turret(ground) or a high powered chain teslacoil (red alert) plus the siege tanks will make the terran tougher on ground defense.

heres some of my idea. i think they should make the goliath a tier 3 unit so now it will have more hp, stronger air attacks (fast missile atacks) and ground attacks (change it to a gatling laser gun). an upgraded vulture (which can sit 2 marines at the back for support(halo)).

battlecruiser, the new goilath II and the nuke would be the best stuffs for the terran.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

A tier 3 more powerful Goliath would be interesting.
    However, I don't think bunkers should be beefed up. All static defenses in SC are pretty weak. This is so that people will actually build a fighting force of units. Also, tanks provide more than enough supporting fire for base defense against ground attacks.
    And I don't think the terrans should have anything rapid deployment except dropships. Maybe have a speed upgrade for the dropship but thats it.

18. taz

taz New Member

hmmm...i see the point of not increasing the fire power of bunkers, and i now agree. but for rapid deployment...i dont get it. i mean, terren main strategy is quick rapid deployment of their bases, i dont see how the tunnel system wont work to there favor.

if that really makes them unbalanced, what about a quicker "fly time" for terren buildings while redeployment?

19. paragon

paragon Guest

The terran buildings seemed to be somewhat quicker at flying around in the 20 minute gameplay video.

20. surr

surr New Member

hmm what about terran can auto distruct their buildings.. if ur overwhelmed wiht no hope of sucess..detonate your base and each building does same damage as their starting life.. you can only detonate if your building is on fire( to prevent people making cheap buildings fly em in and blow them to pieces)