New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Instead of a a super ground unit, why not instead a super A unit. A Yamato Class Battle Cruiser in this case. It about twice as big as a regular battle Cruiser, maybe even thrice. It main arsenal is multiple laser cannons that can shooter both air and ground which has the ability to attack multiple units at one time. Its special attack of course is bombardment

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    The thor wasnt a super unit you could make more than one them. The Terrans dont really need any more heavy air what they really need is a good meat shield which is what the Thor is. The only thing neccessary to make the Thor a solid unit again would be just a dew minor tweaks.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

thrice = three times bigger ;P , if its 3 times bigger its too big, it will take half your screen,

the normal battle cruiser already has multiple lazers attacking both air and ground, its just not multiple units at the same time.

As for the bombardment, it has plasma torpedos which are pretty much what bombardment is.

Basically your suggestion is a battlecruiser that has 2x or 3x the number he has right now in terms of dps,hp, size. Not very useful, when you can just build 3 normal battlecruisers and reach the same effect

4. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

but when compare to the protoss mothership, the thor sucks in so many way. Two motherships can rain down terror on enemies' bases all by itself and still manage to survive and defend themselves. Thors and the other hand couldnt last for 2 seconds, all you need to do send a small squad near the thor and the thor will be destory in no time, thors can only attack one unit at a time, turns very slow, and i dont believe it can bombard right next to itself. In Mothership's case, if their too many units, planet crack them to death, or block all their attacks with timebomb, if that not possible, FLY to an area where they cannot touch you. I dont know what tweaking you can do to fix the thor.

And what i meant about bombard that it can bombard an area from a long distant, like siege tank in siege mode but multiple shots are fired quickly or a thor activating its bombardment skill

5. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

im sure that "super units" are cheap and air "super units" are called capitol ships

6. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    The terran have enough powerful units as is. Siege tanks, battlecruisers, thor; they don't need anymore power units. Its a good idea, but not necessary to make the terran more powerful to have a fighting chance.

7. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

this idea was meant to replace the thor

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

you cant replace a ground unit with an air unit

9. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

if the game is still in alpha phase, im sure they can

10. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Hint for you all: avatars make the forum look more interesting.

Also how could a battlecruiser replace the thor, one ground, one air. At least keep the ultimate unit on the ground.

11. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

i think you guys are getting the wrong idea of what the ship should look like. This is what i am imagining:
    [img width=432 height=301]http://static.blogo.it/toysblog/yamato1.jpg[/img]

12. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

wow, does each letter attack a different target?

13. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

fix, hopefully

14. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

...that's a boat

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

it is not a boat, it a SPACE battleship that is design to to look similar to the Yamato-Class battleships of WWII, hence the name Space Battleship Yamato

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Nice pictures, that would be an awesome weapon to use on the battlefield and the enemy would be like OMFG! I'm dead! Great idea for a design, I'm just not sure the terran need it in SC2. They already are getting a bunch of new units.

17. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I have to applaud your creativity but your thoughts on the thor vs the current Mothership are incorrect for a number of reasons. First the thor has more HP than the current Mothership. Second the current Mothership cant even attack air units atleast the thor can fight back against whatever attacks it. Third they each have very different weaknesses the thors is alot of smaller units overwhelming it. The Motherships is any heavy GTA or any ATA. Finally there is no current "super units" in the game at best the Mothership is a mockery of one. The only real "super unit" is the original Mothership shown in the WWI presentation.

And again the Terrans dont need any more heavy air what they need is a ground unit that can take a beating while still dishing out some damage.

18. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Actually the Thor has splash damage currently, idk if small units would overwhelm it that much.

As for the idea, its not needed, its just sticking 3 battlecruisers together. And you cant replace a ground unit with an air unit, it defies the whole idea of replacing...

Its like getting a square for a ball.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Might I ask where the Koprulu sector Terrans are going to find a sunk Japanese battleship?

As for the idea. I don;t like it. The Battlecruiser is powerful enough as it is. We don't need any bigger of a gun

20. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

i know the battlecruiser is powerful, i just dont believe the thor is the right type of gun the terran needs