New SC2 Custom Map: I R Sniper (Remake of the original SC1 Brood Wars)

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Epin3phrin3, May 26, 2010.

New SC2 Custom Map: I R Sniper (Remake of the original SC1 Brood Wars)

1. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

Want to experience the nostalgia of SC1 Brood Wars custom map: Snipers? Look no further!

* SC2 Snipers Team * (Epin3phrin3, APFetus, Mafu, Insidious, and Sinaps) would like to present: Snipers Bald + Locks

Snipers Bald + Locks is a custom map for SC2 made using the Starcraft 2 Galaxy Map Editor. The map terrain is based off the original Snipers map from SC1. We wanted to bring back the nostalgia and competition that was the original Snipers map, BUT we wanted to add new modes and a couple of additional details that will hopefully balance gameplay and make the map seem more EVOLVED.

Team Hot vs. Team Cold Game Modes Available: -Capture the Flag (-ctf), -Drone (-dr), -Tournament (-tr)

* Mode Timer allows for Player 1 to choose 1 of 3 different modes to play.
    * Points are rewarded for time drone is controlled, flag captures, and of course for kills.

Countless hours have gone into making the map including the terrain, triggers, and coming up with fresh new ideas. We've teamed up with old school snipers to figure out what they want to keep from the old map as well as new ideas they'd like to see placed into the new one. Look for it on release of SC2!

Here is example of GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN_5tyun4WA&feature=related
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9eWFDPF8Y&feature=related
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIF3ltrgIg&feature=related
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMIM2_kLtoU&feature=related

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

Make a vid of it cuz I don't have the game yet. Thanks.

3. ZergSwarm

ZergSwarm New Member

Houston, TX
    Cool! Did you make this map yourself?

4. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

I made this map with the help of a few friends. I'm gonna see if i can get a video posted on youtube soon. The thing is...i'm not too technical with Fraps yet. I'm gonna ask for some help and see what I can do...so...until the meantime...video pending!

5. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

Oh i just found out i can livestream it probably...and i have some knowledge of how livestream works...let me see what i can do!

6. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Is this like "ghost" custom game?

7. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

Hmm...not sure what "Ghost" is actually. I am actually not an original SC1 Customs Games player :(

8. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

Oh...and btw...if anyone wants to make a custom load screen for the Snipers game i'd gladly like to take a look at the work and potentially use it and give credit where it is due :)

9. Epin3phrin3

Epin3phrin3 New Member

Load Screen is made and actually...there's a lot of progress with the map :) Should be nearly finished for the SC2 release...putting finishing touches and making it flashy. Might add a couple modes to add variety to the game :)