new Protoss air unit

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by furrer, Dec 23, 2007.

?

What do YOU think they will do

1. Remove the Phoniex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Remove the Warp ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Remove the Carrier (i hope this one gets 0)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Remove the Mothership

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Add a new one with no removing

100.0%

new Protoss air unit

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by furrer, Dec 23, 2007.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Karune: They are currently testing a new Protoss air unit.

I found this in the newest Question and Answers. I think it seems like they will remove one of the other air units (perhaps the mothership!?!?!?!). But i also read somewere that there still are some hidden protoss units.....

In my own opinion i think they will in some way scrap the mothership and add a new spellcaster...

Vote and Discuss

2. L89

L89 New Member

Yeah, the mothership was nerfed so badly that it has become a shadow of its former self...A fat, ugly, sluggish shadow.

3. Light

Light Guest

I want the mothership out, and if not it, then warp ray.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    GM_k, you'd better get your flame suit on ;D

I love all the air units currently in the game (except for the MS in her current state, being a non-superunit) because they all have their distinct roles. I don't think there's need for another air unit but if Blizzard decides to add one, I really hope they keep the current ones. But that would be too many units for the Protoss so... I hope they experiment a little then return to the version we're already familiar with.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah, but even as a super-unit, how usefull will it be? It would be hard to have it as a superunit because it will be so that you will need to use it imo. And now its just to weak, so i realy think it should be removed and then add a new spellcaster

6. L89

L89 New Member

Random Protoss boi: "Why are we losing to the zergs?"
    Random Protoss gal: "Coz our mothership's planet cracking has been nerfed, you idiot."

7. Justicator

Justicator New Member

All air unit of the Protoss are momentarily very well, even perfect.
    The Protoss needs an additional ship.It should be harmless in the eyes of the player.
    It would be well that the Scout or Corsair with Frigate rolls in the play is.
    In addition, it can be another air unit,but only those are momentary are not not to disappear.

8. Light

Light Guest

Theres no need for that, I am in total agreement. I said mothership and warp ray IF a unit needs to get cut, because I feel these have such lesser roles. But If it stays this I am also happy, as I see no need for another protoss air unit.

9. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i really dont think that there is a need for blizzard to add another air unit
    i just think that they need to make the phoenix more useful and give it more of a role be it AtA or AtG
    although i think it would be fine as a more beefed up muta

10. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

That's cool, I love the current air units, and I would hate to see them go, but hey, they wouldn't be replaced for no reason, seeing as how positively they have been recieved.

11. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

I think carrier right now is kind of pointless. What is it good for? Main reason people used it is because it's hard to target and it has a lot of HP/good damage, but now you can use warp ray/collosus to deal large amounts of damage and pheonix takes care of masses of units. Mothership isn't that great right now either, since another unit can take the spells. Right now Mothership isn't the best a support unit can be.

And as for the carrier being an icon, this is SC2. There should be a new icon. It's not like we don't have enough units from SC right now.

12. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I don't acctually care for the carrier all that much either, but it was a useful unit, and it should still be in the game.

13. kuvasz

Hungary
    Zergling, right now the Carrier is the only Protoss unit that deals damage from siege distance (out of turret or unit range) but it doesn't do a perfect job of even that because it can lose the interceptors it uses to attack. And I think we all agree that all three races need a long range unit to counter turtling/camping.

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    i agree kuvasz, and therefore the MS should get removed. So we can get an other spellcaster ingame

15. kuvasz

Hungary
    But why should the MS be removed? It is already a spellcaster, looks ****** awesome, has a great concept and it symbolises the might of the Protoss (especially if it returns to being a superunit).

Why would we need a new unit anyway? ;D Things are fine as they are. I hope the new unit Blizzard is testing turns out to be a really stupid one like the soul hunter, which just calls for the axe.

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    The MS must stay!! :) It is awesome.. But I don't really like the warp ray. They could have done better with that one.

17. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I liked the MS when it was in it's superunit form, but now its just become a shadow of what it once was. If any unit gets nerfed, it should be the MS. If not, when the warp ray.

Both the phoenix and carrier are perfect for thier roles in the game, so they should stay. The MS lost its touch after getting so badly downsized.

18. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

I want the Mothership to be its old super-unit pwnage self too. Since the Thor being a super unit now, and Blizzard going back to the ideas of super-units why not?

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i can't believe most wants the mothership remove. you got to be kiddin me. xp

yes MS STAYS! for lorewise and fun sakes.

and just add it without removing anything. why do we have to limit ourselves? more units is better i dont care if some will be rarely use. 8)

20. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

Well isn't that the race distinction? The lack of a siege unit for Toss and Zerg? Now You have charge and immortals to get into bases, don't you?