New Infestor Model?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

New Infestor Model?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Infestor Pit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Looks like the Infestor got a new model. I like it, except for the fact its huge, which means slow and its claws point forward even tho it moves underground? Unless they say it moves backwards.

For those who say it isn't an Infestor:
    There are obvious similarities such as its inital form, being low to the ground and generally fat.
    They both have the armored carapace on top.
    Both have an opening in the carapace located top middle. Both of those have spikes.
    Both have tiny legs.
    Both have spikes on their backs.
    Almost identical mouths.
    Same colour scheme.

Update:

The green spidery-like building on the top left is the new art for the Baneling Nest, the prerequisite building to morph Zerglings into Banelings. The new art in the middle is the Infestor Pit, which allows Infestors to be built. Infestor upgrades are also available at that building.

As you can see, the Terran Jackals no longer have a single front wheel tire, but instead have two, giving it more of a 'buggy-like' feel.

-Karune

Now to me it still seems too much like a unit, IMO this would look great as an Infestor model, if it was scaled down to an appropriot size.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Could be an ultralisk mutation :p I highly doubt that's the new infestor for the reasons you mentioned. It definitely looks like an offensive unit and not a caster, which is why I vote for ultra mutation or lurker (moved to tier 3, hp and damage boost, possibly shorter range).

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I agree with kuvasz. I don't know what else it might be... other than a whole new unit.

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Sorry but what is offensive about a huge blob with a thick shell/plates, not to mention its tiny legs on the underneath of it, as the top things are just spikes. It also has that Infestor mouth, not to mention an opening in the carapace which may have something to do with Infestation. Its also the same colour scheme as the Infestor.

And if it is a Lurker, I guess my predictions are coming true, they're ****ing up Zerg.

5. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    errrrr.. it's ugly and big

6. kuvasz

Hungary
    A caster wouldn't need such spikes and wouldn't need such a thick carapace and be that big if it can move underground. As for the colour scheme, the hydra is also purple and grey/brown, so that's a moot point.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Science Vessel was pretty big with a lot of visible armor, as is the Queen.
    Also speaking of burrowing and stuff, something of that anatomy wouldn't be able to literally claw through rock and steel, look how tiny its legs are.

8. kuvasz

Hungary
    I see you edited the first post and the thread is no longer about asking whether that is the new infestor model ;)
    But you forgot to mention that it's more than 4 times the size of the original infestor. It's supposed to be the new defiler with similar abilities and so I'm guessing it has very similar costs and stats. There's no way that huge thing only has 80 hipoints (with that size 200 is a minimum, which is too much for a defiler).

9. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

if this is the new infestor model... i never thought i will say this... but the crap-bag one was better.. :( this guy looks... err... very ugly.. but we need to see more pics\vids to be able to tell..

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It is asking what it may be, but I am saying it may be the new Infestor and giving evidence to compare.

The screenshot don't even look new, the Drones, minerals and creep are old versions, as could the Hatchery be, this may be an old screenshot with experimental stuff in it, I don't know.

11. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

many ppl on other forums also think this is sunken and the other one from upper left it's spore..

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

WHy did you make this thred? its a waste of time. You damn well know thats not the new infestor. ITS TOO BIG! blizzard would not make a unit as small as it was before into a massive colossive freak and hope for it to be unseen in battle. the thing is bigger then a queen and some buildings why on gods green earth would you call this an infestor?

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Do you represent Blizzard? No you don't.

You cannot say that it doesn't have similarities with the Infestor, or am I the only one with imagination here.

So, since you're so knowledgable, what is it?

14. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

@ i2new: i don't think this is a waste of time, and even if it is, it's his time..

@ Psionicz: i'm 75% sure this is sunken uprooted and the other one is spore, the green one.. that's big as an ultralisk and a queen lol, i don't think zerg will get one more big unit. I'm very very very curious about the new lurker model the new infestor model (presuming this is not either one, nor the green one)

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    How could it be a uprooted Sunkun, its huge and the same size as the Queen. You're probably in the wrong thread dude lol

This is the thread about what the big Infestor looking thing is.

16. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

I know, but i don't think it's an infestor.. it's huge maybe because it's uprooted... if it's an infestor, it must be taking 4 control at least, like the ultra did in SC1 (dunno how much it takes now)... that's not very conveniant ;)

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's not that big. If you compare the size of the Jackal's attack to the size of the unit you could see it's not much bigger than a lurker. I'm sure it's either a infestor or a lurker, not at all a sunken.

Edit: Nvm. I didn't see the whole image until just now so I couldn't get a clear picture of it. I have to agree that the sunken is more likely.

18. kuvasz

Hungary
    No, this thread is about what the big thing is. At least that's what it was originally. What I'm trying to say here is that you're way too carried away with your idea which makes you shut out other opinions.

That red opening might not even be a mouth. The sunken idea sounds plausible since it has such an uneven top:
    [​IMG]

@ i2new: learn some manners or GTFO.

edit: we all fail: http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/showpost.php?p=150385&postcount=23
    it's the prerequisite building for the infestor, the infestor pit

19. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I was refuring to Psionicz use of the new pictures a waste of time. ITs beyond obvious that it is NOT a remodeled infestor. just looking at the picture u can eliminate the fact its not a unit cause its just too big, that should be reason enough to say thats not an infestor

@kuvasz: Dude i'm ganna say what i want to weather you like it so do bother putting a word in around me bud....

and its more then 75% chance thats an uprooted building or a building for the matter but were 99% sure its NOT a unit at all.

20. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

@kuvasz: very very nice find, as u can see, karune says what are those things.

@Psionicz: u can see it's not infestor now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.