New Ground Turret for Terrans

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 27, 2007.

New Ground Turret for Terrans

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 27, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    [img width=145 height=159]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/flyswimmer716/teran-6.jpg[/img]

So here's a nice image of the ground turret for the terrans. It looks to me like it's some sort of gatling gun effective against infantry only. Any thoughts?

PS - Thanks Markus for teaching me how to remove a topic. ^_^

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    We finally get a ground defense that doesn't take even the slightest bit of supply!

And there was a comment in another topic that said it looked Zerg... what was that person smoking?

3. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    no bunkers are definetly staying. I think its just adding to the defenses of the terran... a nice supplement to the missle turrets.

4. IO

IO New Member

It looks like a giant spider mine with a gun stuck in its brain.

5. Alukard

Alukard New Member

personaly i dont think its nesesery, to waist some minerals for such building that probobly is easy to take out, and does goliath-type dammage...

6. JimRaynor45

JimRaynor45 New Member

Re: Turrets underground....

I agree this is cool. It should add another interesting element to the game...

7. for-glory

for-glory New Member

prolly pwns infantry tho....great early game defense maybe

tower defense maps yay ness

8. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    I think it's an upgrade for Missile Turrets. The turret attacks air and ground I bet.

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oooo maybe... I never thought of that. It could be but the ground turret doesn't resemble the missle turret much.

10. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Well, we can't really begin to judge this defensive building as we don't know anything about it. Although it seems it would be around the same stats as a Missile Turret judging by the fact that its a stationary building that can constantly fire until destroyed. So I would say it may cost like this considering its purpose.

Terran Gatling Turret http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatling_gun#Modern_Gatling_guns (Reasoning for Name) On a side note I would recommend checking out the GSh-6-23 link on that page for a better idea of the capability of this Turret.

Cost : 75 Minerals Building Tier :?
    Hp : 200 Ground Attack : 25 Build Time : 25
    Cooldown : 2.5 Seconds Range : 5 Sight : 11

Pros : A.Good versus Infantry. B.Easily teched to (Hopefully). C. Fast firing rate. D. No food cost (Hopefully) E. Can possibly rotate to attack enemies behind it.

Cons: A. No air attack it seems. B. May require a lot of tech to build.

On point E. in the Pros, I made this presumption that it could rotate its turret after closer examination because the legs do look like there set in the ground as a base. The turret looks as though it could rotate on some part of that base.
    I highly doubt this is an upgrade to the Missile Turret as this has a whole new design unless when it upgrades the Missile Turret sprouts like a flower blooming. :eek:
    This would definitely be a plus to the Terran's as they needed something that could hit ground and not cost food cap. for defense. So a well needed new toy for them imo.

11. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i do like the idea of a turret to attack ground and is not a bunker, but my gosh i think that looks hideously ugly.

12. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington

Well I would agree with this if it weren't for the fact that whats a the point of a Defensive Turret going underground to defend itself from any kind of attack? It was built to be a Defensive Turret, therefore, it should stay above ground to defend. The Turrets from SC1 were Installation Defense. Kinda like a Security Camera that is hidden. The ones in SC2 are built to defend from oh say Zerg, Protoss, and Other Terran so why let them turn to dust underground like a Supply Depot? One answer I can see if to be preserved when the hulk's drop in AkA Mothership, Nuke, W/e Zerg is getting for AoE that could decimate it. So I understand the measure by which you want it, but it just doesn't make all that much sense. :-\

13. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think it looks ok. And I think it will be a seperate building from the missile turret. It will be good for defending outposts from light attacks without spending valuable CP.

14. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

How is that hideously ugly? I think it looks great. You have to keep in mind that its very small, as you can see the supply depo behind it looks huge in comparison. I don't think it could get any more detailed than that.

15. Meloku

Meloku New Member

finally, ground defense without supply cost XD

also, looks like this mutalisk is about to get sniped/capped/owned by the ghost that just launched that nuke.
    [img width=483 height=578]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/JayPeeMonie/ghostupclose.jpg[/img]
    note the red laser coming from his gun, indicating a snipe?

16. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    No, I don't think so only for the reason that it seems to me that a Thor is coming to rain down hellfire on the rest of the Zerg. As thats what seems like is coming down from the Northern section of that screenshot. And it's either a Thor or some other Mechanical Terror of the Terran World. Good zoom on the picture. ;D
    Edit* After yet another look at the screenshot I understand what ya mean now. Yep, I agree Sniper Ghost ftw.

17. Meloku

Meloku New Member

good spot, does look like Thor is coming =]

18. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Don't really see how that would be useful. They can't defend when submerged and without cloaking devices they would be easily seen.

19. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Another thing I just noticed what in the hell is that below the Mutalisk's Wing cause that I'm pretty sure that isn't the leg of a Thor. And it doesn't appear to be anything close to a part of a Mutalisk.

Edit*
    On taking one last glance it appears to be the closed mouth of a Mutalisk

20. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

That Ghost definitely looks like he is about to snipe the Mutalisk. I was actually going to make a post or topic about that until I stumbled across this. Ghost snipers, finally!!! Rejoice.