New Defiler Ability (IDEA)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Premonition, Aug 2, 2007.

New Defiler Ability (IDEA)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Premonition, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Premonition

Premonition New Member

This was inspired by the panda hero in WC3, where the new defiler ability (or could belong to a new unit) will spit a cloud of flammable material that sticks onto anything that travels within it. If left on, it'll act more like the queens green goo where it slows down unit speed, but if attacked before the effect wears off - it will set off a fiery explosion dealing X damage and DOT. Furthermore, the fire can spread so in other words even if ONE unit gets lit up, if it touches any others, they too will go on fire :D

/discuss

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the zerg dont have anything explosive though.

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yeah.. that sounds more like terran ability with the fire bats or bombers or somethng :good:. Same with protoss, it said on the official Starcraft II website that while dark templars stalked in the shadows, the high templar unleashes fire and lightning. Zerg don't have too much of that fire stuff. Only melee, some spikes, and greenish stuff and a buncha skills. Sounds like a neat skill though needs some more thinking to it. ;D

4. burkid

burkid New Member

so... you want defilers to have napalm? if anything thats terran.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Dudes, they've discovered organic compounds that, when mixed, produce flames. Stream this at high pressure, boom.

BTW, this is a huge thing. Dragons may have existed, albeit waaaay smaller.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

like in reign of fire? the napalm-like glands at the back of the dragons throat.

i want a pet 'mini-dragon' (like the ones that may have existed). that would be fun, but the matenince would be high and it would suck if it wasnt house trained.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Yeah, but to bee effective, it would have had to be under the tongue, and much short range. Imagine a spitting cobra, but shooting fire instead.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

well if its in the back of the throat, it could be more easily propelled by respiration, making it be 'breathing fire', while under the tounge, it would essentially have to be a 'spit' to propel it. i suppose either way works, but the spit would probably be more practical, as propelling something from the back of your throat wouldnt be easy with a breath.

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Exactly. It wouldn't work at all in the throat. It has to be in the lungs, which is extremely impractical, or under the tongue, with a gap in the teeth.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

i suppose in the cheeks could work too, as long as it has lips that can close to completely cover its mouth. that way it could blow, as if it were blowing out a candle, but in this case it would be blowing in a candle. haha i make myself laugh at my pitiful jokes.

the advantage to spitting is it can be semi-mechanical, using the neck and head to make it easier to get range with the spit.

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Yeah....When I read that article, I'm thinking OMG AWESOME

12. burkid

burkid New Member

i dont think ive read it. care to link it?

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I read it months ago....I think it was like MSNBC or something....

14. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

It's not a bad idea for an ability. The defiler would need to be able to light it as well though. Otherwise, why not just have ensnare? Maybe the defiler would have another ability that spat a gob of plama-ish goo like an artillery round. Two birds with one stone.

15. IO

IO New Member

A creature that can breath fire would possible use methane as the gas as basicly every creature produces it however in humans most of this has no use however if a creature could evolve a system of storing the unused methane into a sort of air bladder then fire breathing might be possible as if the creature has a tube connecting to its mouth and a plate of skin near its tube that leads into its lungs (to stop a backlash of fire) it would be possible. And for a spark the creature could eat a mineral known as platnium (hopefully i spelled it correctly) which has a reaction to methane that would instantly light the methane up. This creature would control the blast with a massive jet of lighted methane coming out of the air blader.

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

And likely blow themselves up in the process.

17. IO

IO New Member

Fine then they are armor plated on the inside.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Heh heh.....It's be a good way to "clean out the system" then....Heh heh....

19. burkid

burkid New Member

haha unclog the sinuses. haha.

armor plating inside? thats highly impractical. if the only way for them to survive is the armor plating, i would think that they wouldnt survive long enough to reproduce enough to gain an evolution like that. i think that the whole 'methane' idea would just leave you with a carcass blown in half.

20. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I think the defiler could simply use his orange fog in both air and ground. Since the scourge is close range, and all air is long ranged, it would solve all of their aerial problems. AND, make defilers more used then they were, because now we would have smart casting upgrades, and getting these toghether would surely be a blast! >:)

Also, Zerg queen needs ways to infest more protoss units. Everything we could infest b4 was zealots, Dragoons, Dts which were invisible, and HTs who could waste their psy storm in time on your queen. Beeing a caster, she needs to remain alive for longer to gather energy. She and defiler should get upgrades. Like a defiler that cloaks, and burrows to regain his energy.