New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

Take a look at the new Dark Templar concept art.
    http://starcraftzone.com/gallery/

To me, it doesn't look like a Dark Templar at all. It looks like an infested Protoss. Perhaps, this is a clue that Blizzard is giving us that there will be indeed, some infested Protoss Units in the Zergs arsenal.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

why does it have teeth?
    or a mouth for that matter?

3. taz

taz New Member

just found out this pic of... i dont know to be honest!! in starcraftzone.com with othe SC2 screen shots

[img width=670 height=923]http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-14673-1185234437.jpg[/img]

now it could be:
    • a revamp of the dark templar (including his scyth weapon)
    • the hybird of zerg/dark templar that all of us has been dying to see!
    • just as hoax, but a damn good SC-art none the less

the news in battle.net is that its a D.T. with spoils of war...make out of it wat you will!

4. Ych

Ych New Member

I already made a topic here
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=1356.0

Mod, can you merge these 2 threads please?

My thoughts are, I think it is an Infested Protoss. You can expect the Zergs in SC2 to rely heavily on infested things. I think it is going to be a big part of the new Zerg Mechanic.

5. DDDx

DDDx New Member

It looks like the dark temp took the teeth from a hydra as a trophy and is wearing it on his face.

wait it kinda looks and sounds like a predator

6. StormCrow

StormCrow New Member

It looks a bit weird. But for me it doesn't matter as long as they have a visible cloak in game like they did in SC1

7. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Well after seeing this I can kind of appreciate the new model of the Dark Templar a little more... but it isn't the Dark Templar we've grown to know and love. He really does resemble a Predator. I actually think this could be a cool infantry unit to replace the Soul Hunter and be some sort of Dark Templar unit, but I would much prefer if the Dark Templar itself went back to its robes and warp blades. Hell it might even make sense that he got strong after each kill with this sort of model, as he could adorn himself with trophies after he killed each unit. His pride and glory would be bolstered and thus would make him more confident and powerful in battle. That would be truly awesome. They could even throw the name Soul Hunter on him and it would be acceptable. Headhunter would be alright, but then everyone will think of the Trolls from Warcraft :-\

8. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

well, the concept art looks nice, bad-ass even, but i rather prefer the old look , this just doesn't fit IMO, i mean first the scythe and now that jaw or smthing like a trophy c'mon wtf!!

9. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Hmm, I didn't even think of the possibility of it being an infested Protoss... interesting. It does kind of have that look about it. Ych9, you really think infesting is going to be a big part of the Zerg? I never really considered it since the Infestation in Starcraft 1 was basically useless; it does make sense with the storyline and history of the Zerg, though. I don't know how they would implement it to make it a fair mechanic, it just seems like it would be too much of a bother unless they have some kind of unit that infests units instead of killing them. Wow, think of this... a cheap, tier 1 or 2 Zerg unit that's only ability would be to cocoon an opponent's unit. From there, it would either slowly become infested and break out as a new Zerg hybrid unit under the Zerg player's command, or would have to be brought by a drone back to the base before coming out of its shell. That'd be pretty damn cool.

10. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

there should definately be some form of protoss/zerg, because the whole story of sc1 was that the overmind wanted to infest the protoss

11. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

Its good to see that the DT have a different physical appearance to the normal templar, I wonder if the teath are actually for a mouth, or its just for aesthetics.

12. WuHT

WuHT New Member

why talk when u can telephatically communciate ? but the whole "eating" thing is of concern

13. it looks cool but doesnt fit what a dark templar should be i dont like the big thing behind its head that looks like a hunchback that resembles the colossus body and the stalker and is around the archons neck i dont like this teardrop shape theyre incorperating into many protoss units that wasnt on any units in SC1
    though i prefer the original i could live with this style dark templar i like it more since ive seen the concept art the one in the magazine article looked like a covenant elite

14. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Ackbar, you can have these, you need them more than I do: ..... ... ... . . ..... . .. . Hope they are enough.

Anyway, I will miss the tuareg DT. Even Raszagal was sort of an arab lady.

15. Dxun

Dxun New Member

The teeth and the "hump" on it back remind me alot of a hydralisk, but his armor and the green orbs on the armor just dont scream zerg to me. So maybe a new protoss hero/unit?

And he dose resemble a Predator :good:

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I believe the mouth is part of his armour because if you look on his pauldrons there are tiny skulls.

17. burkid

burkid New Member

what, like a hydralisk jaw he put on his face for armor/trophy?

18. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Could be. His armour looks more like stone though... so a big WTF going to Blizzard's direction.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

well we really cant be sure that blizzard made it, its not signed, so it could be a fans.

i second the WTF.

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

his skin looks very dry. It could be an infested dark templar, but i think it's just wartorn zeratul or some other dark templar.