New Computer: What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Karma-Factory, May 14, 2009.

New Computer: What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Karma-Factory, May 14, 2009.

1. Karma-Factory

Karma-Factory New Member

Dacula, Georgia
    So. As I'm graduating in a week, my parents are getting me a laptop as a gift and for college. I've been looking around lately, and I'm liking this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9173262&type=product&id=1218044029168

I don't have the knowledge to build one so please don't suggest that. Anyways I'm looking that mostly because it will be:

A) Good for college and research, papers, etc
    B) Decent-ish transportation
    C) Decent-ish gaming wise

I've been looking around at various RTS's and their requirements and as far as I know, this computer should be fine. I've also tried looking at games that have just came out and seen how it would hold up. It seems to be meeting all the minimums fine. However, one of my primary goals is obviously Starcraft 2. Obviously people don't know the requirements specifically yet, but I figured some of you computer-savvy people might be able to make an educated guess.

Will this laptop be able to hold up decently for Starcraft 2, and other upcoming titles later this year? Can anyone see anything wrong with this laptop?

Perhaps If I'm making a mistake you guys might be able to catch it before I commit to it.

~KF

2. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    That will most likely be able to play SC2 no probs. I can't see anything wrong with it, it looks good on my end. Not too expensive either.

It seems like it'd fit yer A, B and C categories nicely.

My advice: kgo

3. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    I would honestly, if i were you, look into another way of getting a computer. For that price, you can get something much more decent.

Shop around. Compare. Dell.com and HP.com both have good deals. I would stray away from bestbuy only becuase they rip you off a few hundred.

4. Karma-Factory

Karma-Factory New Member

Dacula, Georgia
    I'll continue looking around till I make a decision. If anything sticks out then who knows, although dell is not my favorite. Past experiences not fun with them.