New Carrier

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by 1n5an1ty, Mar 4, 2009.

New Carrier

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by 1n5an1ty, Mar 4, 2009.

1. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Hey wat do u guys think about the new carrier properties so far?
    This is wat i kno so far
    - 350 min and 250 gas same psi
    - interceptors -> 5x2 damage
    - slower interceptors and slower fire rate
    - -50 hp from Starcraft 1 ( 250 HP 150 shields)
    My friend was complaining about it. Im just neutral. :D

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I would wager that Carriers will get a power boost in the beta once people start seeing how weak they are (assuming they are weak).

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If they haven't already been boosted. there were complaints that it was weak the last three times it was playtested by the public.

Anyways, I can't really comment since I haven't played SC2; I just hope that it makes a good unit for long range combat, but isn't a spamable unit.

4. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    Well, the carrier is good right now. Its awesome, and it is actually one of my favorite units. So as long as it stays the same, i will be happy.

5. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    We can only assume something is wrong with the Carrier after hearing reviews from those who have used them. I remember a while back Joneagle_X said they were just really weak and weren't too useful, but why? Theoretically they should be on par with SC1 carriers, since Interceptors have had both a health and a damage increase, which should be more than enough to offset the -50 hp. My guess is that it is either a range or fire-rate problem (or both). Hopefully these issues will be fixed in the coming months.

6. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    from what I've seen, Carrier needs its HP back, and make these interceptors faster. Interceptors are tiny drones, no way they are so slow.

7. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    I've just heard some comparisons with the new bc...and i almost freaked out
    The new bc:
    - 600 HP
    - 8 lasers 8 damage per
    - comes with free choice to upgrade with yamato cannon, missle barrage, or a 200 hp defensive matrix
    - SAME RESOURCES
    - . -
    First of all, YES i agree the carrier is too weak. I mean AT LEAST bring its old HP back
    This is because i feel that many units have been beefed. Even the marine and the hydra.
    However, all i see in the carrier is nerfing. The only good thing i see is that the interceptors do 5x2 damage and the +10 HP and sheld increase...
    The new damage system for the interceptors means the new bc will absolutely slaughter the carrier, esecially with its spells.

8. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    I cant agree more with what you just said.... so disappointing :( they are nerfing the very symbol of the Protoss...

9. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Its the whole reason the mothership should be more then one because of how on par it is with the battle cruiser and ultralisk.

Do that and the carrier should be fine although maybe a bit cheaper.

10. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    The mothership is more expensive than the cruiser and the ultra so it shouldnt be on par. its a MOTHERSHIP !!!!!! it should be above "on par"

11. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Well, the Carrier is so weak because they have the Mothership. If Blizzard takes out the Mothership, all the fans will whine and say that was stupid. If the fans weren't idiots and knew about the word balance, they'd understand that one of them needs to be removed in order to have a balanced game. If the Mothership is gone, the Carrier gets stronger and people will whine about the Mothership being scratched. If the Carrier is axed, then people will complain about how an amazing classic unit was taken out and the game destroyed.

So uh... big problem there.

12. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Again: Carrier has been nerfed. COST HAS NOT BEEN NERFED. and wtf r u talking about BALANCE?!?! Zerg ultra now has 600 HP 20x2 damage, 60 damage vs buildings.
    Terran BC:
    you know.
    The carrier and motherships are and can be either support or assualt capital ships.
    Its just that carrier is more ranged meaning another role in the army.
    And i dont really like the fact that they murdered the mothership, crushed it to dust, smashed the individual atoms, and , breaking the law of conservation of matter and energy, wiped the matter and energy that resulted from existence.
    and btw i kno im exaggerrating.
    i misspelled it T.T

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I would have been happier with the tempest unit

14. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

The carrier in my opinion is just a little bit too buff in SC. But the changes are more than I could of asked for. But then you you have to think that the protoss also have the warp ray, and the mothership. All 3 of these are capital ships. Unlike the terran who only have 1, and the zerg which doesn't really have a air capital ship, that I know of. So it does make since that blizzard would downgrade the carrier some. Maybe blizzard is having the warp ray as the capital ship. We don't know. We only know what blizzard has put out, and we all know they are very secretive. Maybe they buff up the mothership, or the warp ray. I say it's fine. They are only balancing right now. There's going to be some drops in strength of a unit, and some increases in strength of a unit. Just use the carriers, and warp rays together and you kill bcs, and whatever comes your way.

15. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    motherships should release carriers which then releases interceptors which then releases photon beams...

just a thought :D

16. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    OMG WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THE VOID RAY IS A CAPITAL SHIP?!?!?!?!?!?!
    its a HEAVY AERIAL SUPPORT UNIT
    If blizzard is gonna go crazy nerfing the carrier, then they shoukd go lower its cost, BUT NOOOOO
    it would cost 550 min and 250 in total for a full 8 interceptors!!!!!!!!
    zerg doessn't need "capital ship" cuz they are about numbers. the carrier now costs more than the bc, but still is miiuch much much weaker then it. the void ray is really just good for high-hp units anyways and the mothershiph is now "unique", which to me, ruins the feel of statrcraft, even if it is really strong. cuz one bc > one mothership, so far. and the bc is cheaper also.
    BLIZZARD WAT HAVE U DONE TO THE PROTOSS FLEET?!?!?!
    btw the bcs can just yamato, - 1 void ray per yamato, each terceptor does 4 damage to bc in total. it can use missle torpedo or def matrix...
    seriously.
    i would like this for the carrier:
    350 min 275 gas
    325 hp
    175 shields
    11 range
    interceptor rate of fire and speed back to the way they were in sc1.

T.T

Hey u kno i just saw sumthin on sc2armory.
    its about interceptor "formations"
    look: http://www.sc2armory.com/forums/topic/5528/?viewPage=4
    seriously, its a nice idea....

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  17. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

I see where your coming from. That's killing the protoss. But if I were doing stuff to the carrier, I would do the same cost as the bc. 400 hp, 200 shields (just like the bc), and the same range. Complete balance, and make their attack the same total. That's how I would do it. But blizzard does what they want.

18. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Lol the protoss bc lmao. but yea thats blizzard. still, i would like the carrier to be different...to be more starcraft-one-really-cool-weapon-in-the-arsenal-but-gay-if-used-against-you-cuz-ull-be-scared-to-death-in-fastest-maps-where-there's-like-500000000-carriers-coming-at-you-even-if-u-got-mass-bcs :p
    or just more carrier-y
    no but seriously go to that link

19. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

lol that's why you nuke the carriers.

20. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    The Mothership and Carrier are not mutually exclusive. The Carrier should be the Protoss version of the Battlecruiser and have equal power to it. The Mothership on the other hand should be unique and the ultimate support unit.