New banshee model? dual side boosters ftw!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Mar 3, 2008.

New banshee model? dual side boosters ftw!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Mar 3, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

just got this from bnet. this is NOT blizzard remade of the banshee but only a fan made, but still nice. 8)

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/46983/2002004145455728005_fs.jpg

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc2-general&t=595169&s=new&#new (some posted great ideas about it too.)

looks awesome and better and BADASS. this looks more hardcore sci fi while the current one looks mediocre sci fi with the propellers. right? xp

i really LIKE this concept and i hope blizz will see it.

heres the other one.

http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/46709/2005431340695062705_fs.jpg

but i like the dual side booster much better. ;D

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Re: This is how the banshee should look like. new model.

Very sexy. DO WANT.

I notice that it has become more armored which relates to it having a stronger attack without the spread fire. This one looks much better, the first looked like a remote control helicopter.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

Re: This is how the banshee should look like. new model.

remote controld helicopter. very true.

yes since the banshee only attack single target maybe they could change the look of it similar to this. completely similar to this http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/46983/2002004145455728005_fs.jpg

the banshee didn't captivate me at all with its look or model when it was first introduce as a terran new unit. however if the banshee look like this in the first place, omg i could par it up with thor when i first saw it. this improvised model looks like a very COOL exciting unit unlike the current passive boring looking one. ^^

4. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I am going to go against general opinion here, but I still like the current design better. At least according to the Starcraft II website lore, the Banshee was specifically designed to be a cheap, efficient, atmospheric craft. This is why it has the fan blades instead of jets; it is not designed for operation in space!

Changing the Banshee to a concept similar to the provided links would completely go against the way the Banshee was designed. It's supposed to be a quick, effective, ground assault craft - there is no need for it to be operational in space.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Theres nothing wrong with changing a little bit of lore, just remember nothing on that site is 100% solid as they said.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

bah. lets forget the lore first and just look at which looks better and cool. xp

the lore is made up afterwards, ok the reason for the current banshee model is IMO, blizz or their design team decided it should be helicopter looking or with propellers similar to other rts, yes they think it looks cool and badass enough, then they added up the lore which fit it directly as you said planetary, cheap, etc.

but blizzard never came accross with this improvised design or idea. more BADASS and EXCITING looking. hell its looks cooler and it can be still added lorewise to be cheap and effective, and plus the fact that i can travel through spae is a plus.

7. ced

ced New Member

Canada
    The original unit looks good on terrestrial tile sets.. but what of the space platform tile set. Clearly in space... artificial gravity is acceptably in place. That doesn't mean it has the much needed atmosphere to allow the propellers to create lift.

I have to admit. The idea of helicopters in space was something that bothered me about this unit. Don't get me wrong the unit looked nice. the propellers added a nice animated touch to the unit... but it was still a helicopter in space.

Just think of it as a craft with fancy VTOL.

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Allowing it to travel thru space simply adds to its effectivness.

Add a poll.

Lol also looking at the two together the only thing which has changed is the helicopter blades.

[img width=240 height=238]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1312/873532726_bce469144d_m.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

and as you can see the improvised made is not crisp, smooth etc. enough as that is just a prototype fan made. just imagine the blizzard version of it. ^^

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Banshee with rotors is better IMO. Vikings use some kind of thrusters/jets. BC's uses some kind of thrusters/jets. The Banshee adds a new flavour with its different look.

No it doesn't. It's AtG. Kinda crappy in space. :p

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

come on lets just base it on the look first. the banshee would be 10x a cooler unit with the dual engine booster etc. starcraft2 will be more fun with better and cool units. the current model looks like nothing new or innovative, it is just like most rts vehicles but with different details.

i think the fire effect below the booster makes it look cool. makes it look not passive and boring IMO.

12. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Doesn't require it to be built over and over again but now it can simply travel when the army moves.
    I think it is Photoshopped. It seems like that anyway.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Zeratul11. That's a matter of taste Zeratul. I think general boosters are far too overused in future RTS's.
    A future version of a helicopter is great since we already got Vikings and their boosters, BC's and their boosters, etc.

@Zergalicious. An AtG bomber has no need to travel through space, it is transported inside a Battlecruiser.
    That's how it travels with the army between planets.

14. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I hope its not photoshoped, this the banshee looks so badass.
    also when did you change your picture Zergalicious?

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It is photoshopped. :p
    Look at the faraway booster. You can still see the rotor.

16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Check introductions

Lol ownd.

But I think the Banshee model with the roters seemed kinda un-proportinate. A chunky mech with two small roters to take it across the battlefield. A modern helicopter is probably lighter and still has bigger blades.

17. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I still think the original model looks cooler and I like the lore better.

@ ced - We've had the discussion about space platforms before - they have BOTH artificial gravity and artificial atmosphere (Blizzard said so themselves). So this means that the Banshee as is can work no problem on the space tileset.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Another argument on ninermans and my side; The Banshee is supposed to cloak. It can cloak the rotors, but it would not be able to cloak the jet stream/flames.

:p

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    The Wraith cloaked efectivly without any complaints. It simply changes its engine type or what ever to some kinda stealth mode. Harrier jets can hover and stuff, they don't need big boosters to do so.

[img width=500 height=407]http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Yuma2005/Flying/HarrierNearGround.jpg[/img]

20. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

nice, with those new dual side boosters, i assume that the banshee now moves faster, so all in all, its great! I just hope they don't decrease the life or attack of it. >_>