Need a little help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Pbk, Jul 17, 2010.

Need a little help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Pbk, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Pbk

Pbk New Member

Sorry, I really hope i am not posting in wrong section, i just need a little help.

I posted in "can your computer run SC2' or whatever, but never got a response. Before i drop $60 i would like to know if i can run it. So, here is my question!!

Operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and my proccessor is Athlon x 4 620 processor (4 CPU's), 2.6ghz

I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 220.

approx. total memory is 3802 mb

current display mode is 1680 x 1050

I was just wondering if my computer could handle something like this game?

I am pretty sure everything is fine, except i am alittle worried about my video card. I played Grand Theft Auto 4 on it, but it was a little choppy and slow driving full speed and things like that.

if anyone can help that would be greatly appreacited!

2. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    GTA IV isn't very well optimized for PC, unlike SC2. Your card exceeds mine in every aspect, except the memory interface width.. if I'm not mistaken, gt220 is on 128bit. I have a Nvidia 9600GT 512 DDR3 256bit, and i can run it on 1280x1024 at ultra, barely lagging when there are many many units on the screen.. i also have 2 gigs of ram and an old processor.. I think you will run SC2 well. Hope it helps.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I don't think GTA4 has been optimised at all, so I wouldn't go by how that performs. And if you're worried about your GPU (since the rest more than meets requirements if you look around a bit) then why didn't you consult this thread? It's a neat source of knowledge.

edit: holy slowee

4. Pbk

Pbk New Member

Thank you for your help. I used to play SC1 way back in the day, and quite frankly after playing that for god knows how many hours (and woudn't want to know even if i had the chance to know haha) I stopped playing computer games.

I got rusty on the whole 'keeping up the specs required for games', and started playing 360.

I cannot wait for this game to come out, so good luck to all of you, see you on the battle field =)