My suggestion

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Lobsterlegs, Dec 4, 2008.

My suggestion

1. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

I don’t like the functionality here in this forum.. Why?

Instead of having "Tag Cloud" (pointless as far as I can see) just maaaybe you could have a bit smarter things such as "Latest Posts" instead. Why?

People then can easily take a look at all the new stuff people have posted in old threads. Instead of seeing old bumped threads on "the lists" they could instead maybe take a look at the latest threads.

Another thing would be a more specific answering system. If I get an answer/ a reply, I would usually just see that somewhere in other forums ("You have 2 new replies"). Clicking there would take you to a list (just like in "unread posts") where you can see all the threads where somebody has replied to you. Then I would click on a thread and that would take me directly the reply (no need scroll pages until you find your reply).

But no. I have to almost guess if somebody has answered me or not.
    I have to click "unread posts" then randomly click on threads till I see anything that looks like a reply.
    A suggestion was “subscribe to the threads you want to have an eye on”.
    But I feel the urge of having an eye on EVERY thread I have posted in. I just don’t want to look in them if there is no reply.

Now I’m a newbie. Maybe there is something wrong I’ve said. Instead of saying “You’re wrong, you can do this or that” please give instructions on HOW instead.

2. Light

Light Guest

You know, we had that on smf (which I very much liked) but now, since we are using vB, we only got his stuff 3:

There's also a thing called subscribed threads, but oh lawd I can't really be bothered with all of them useless functions...just look around and check, maybe it will work for you.

3. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Never used the tag cloud before. I have to admit though, seeing the words "Baneling Cake Competition" in big lettering makes me laugh every time.

4. Light

Light Guest

''cake'' oh this forum is just super

5. Mong0!

Mong0! Guest

yup :')

6. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Try to stay on topic.
    And yes, Baneling Cake Competition is funny in big letters LOL.

EDIT:
    Aww, not anymore..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
  7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    you see that little arrow next to threads with new replies? you click on that and it takes you to the first unread post in the topic.