My specs. and suggestion to the computer genius

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fendi, Jun 2, 2010.

My specs. and suggestion to the computer genius

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fendi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Fendi

Fendi New Member

I just upgrade my card to fit the game that I really want to play. I hope others and Jon will help me out, (Ignore my "Buying a new GC")

Ignore my monitor, I'm living a hard life living with this monitor. :(

2. asdf

asdf New Member

yeah, i was thinking 1024x768 was a little... 90's.

CPU/RAM should be sufficient. personally i like having 4GB of RAM these days, but 2 should do you fine for now. might become a bit of a problem with larger games, but just make sure you've closed background apps and you should be OK.

your video card is pretty low-end- and for 1024x768, it'll do. but if you're going to be upgrading your monitor, figure out what size of monitor you want first. for a medium-sized widescreen monitor, 1680x1050 is the norm. you'd probably want a -700 series card (4770, 5750, 5770) for that. GTS250 is about equivalent for nVidia. for a larger monitor around 1920x1200 and up, you'd probably want an -800 series or GTX 260.

3. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Do you say 90's?
    I always thought the correct way to say that is just "90s".

4. asdf

asdf New Member

i was never aware there was a correct way to say it. isn't it just supposed to be informal slang?

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I remember reading somewhere that the correct way is with the apostrophe but I don't use it because it looks weird. 's should indicate possessive or ****icisation and nothing else :D

As for the thread, it looks just about enough for SC2 but buying a 19" or even a 21" CRT wouldn't hurt your wallet much (only the desk it'd be on but...). I think you should consider buying one to make better use of your GPU.

6. asdf

asdf New Member

yeah, if you don't want to upgrade the GPU, i'd suggest you keep the resolution low... 1280x1024 or 1280x800.