My photoshop in game Ghost > Blizzard's.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 30, 2008.

My photoshop in game Ghost > Blizzard's.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 30, 2008.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I actually like the new one better. It fits the Ghost's character better especially with the backpack gone and the limbs slimmed down.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the new one? you mean my photoshop version. lol

i agree i think the ghost looks badass without the backpack. but i also like to see it with the backpack.

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Shoulders are still a bit broad and the gun is a tad big now compared to the Ghost.

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I prefer the old original one. This one looks too much like a Space Marine, what with the grill over its mouth and all.

[​IMG]

With your one, remember that these are going to be shrunk drastically in-game, so they can't be too proportionate or they'll look far too slim and pixelated, so with things like these, you can't really have them too exact. It's like the Marine's hands and the Maruader's dimensions, etc. They have to be like that to work in-game.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

a quick question.

Don't you think the unit graphics in diablo 3 can never be transform into a good rts? i mean the units there are proportion, realistic and detailed unlike in sc2. imagine you can see the ghost finger clearly and moving etc.

7. blindoutlaw

blindoutlaw New Member

Australia
    yeh one of the draw backs of an RTS, if you put everything into proportion a battlecruiser and carrier would take up large parts of the map. So we trade proportion and detail for a smooth and ballanced gameplay. Even trade if you ask me

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

not exactly realistic proportion on all units as a whole. but rather proportion on individual units not the actual size of a unit.

like example the bc. its not proportion if its head is to big or the laser blasters are too small or big.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Diablo is a completely different style of game. It's not comparable, not even graphics-wise. Then again, who cares about graphics? I'd be just as into StarCraft2 if it had Atari graphics, and seeing as the graphics have never been a major aspect of most RTS's, as there are always so many units on the map, who cares if they're not 100% realistic or proportionate? Provided the basic design looks good, why on Earth would you need a Ghost that has moving fingers? How would you even appreciate such minor details if you're never zoomed in close enough to see them?

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I lolled at the way you covered up the vents. It's as if the guy had been crawling in mud from all the booze. I would prefer a model that's in between the two. Yours is too slim - remember that they have a durable suit which has to be a little thick to protect and for all the mechanisms to fit (like cloak) so if we take that into account, your ghost looks as if it had been starved in training during training.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Personally I think original Ghost looks more like something you would encounter in the Starcraft universe, over the photoshopped version. Also you list low polygon count as a bad thing, but its not in this case because the unit is going to be shrunk down so much. As for your other negatives they are in my opinion what makes the Ghost seem like it belongs in the Starcraft universe.

For example go and look at Tychus in the cinematic the body looks nothing like a normal human, he looks a lot wider and bulkier in a lot of ways. The same goes with the Marine and any unit in a full enviroment suit because any kind of suit is going to addd more to everything rather than height because there will always be two sides that get added to while height wise there is generally only one side to get an extra layer of padding because the other is connected to the body.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

^ i understand what you are saying but thats not starcraft is like in the first place, the ghost was regular in size in sc1.

blizzars style is just blown up exaggerated proportion as they said in the recent artwork panel. since going 3d with warcraft 3. but im glad diablo 3 is not staying true with diablo 2 look.

but ofcourse lorewise or in real life the ghost would not be like that at all. and i made it bcoz most people want realistic as possible and away from the warcraft big head big hands units.

@itza.

i would definitely appreciate that. i love warhammer 40k bcoz of its close up much detailed views alone, together with the gameplay made it great. i enjoy zooooming the views all the time. warhammer 40k with lame units eyes, boxy feet and hands etc would suck.

warcraft 3 graphics are nothing compared to diablo 3 and yes its still a great game. but how about warcraft 4 with better graphics and unit proportion than diablo 3. that would be the best. same w/ starcraft, ghost with visible fingers smoking while idle would be awesome.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Dawn of War is a different RTS to StarCraft. It focuses on few units, and take this to the extreme with a fair few races. It's a different style of play and the focus is different to that of StarCraft so they have better graphics. However just as this proves that Dawn of War is capable of having amazing graphics, it also disproves that StarCraft2 can have amazing graphics.

WarCraftIII and Diablo3 aren't comparable. They're different genres done in different styles from a different time frame. WarCraftIV isn't worth bringing up. There's nothing to say that it will be up to speed, graphics-wise, with Diablo3, as it's a completely different game, done in a completely different style with a completely different focus on graphics.

How on Earth would Ghosts smoke while idle? Or any Terran infantry for that matter?

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I like yours! 5/5

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

last time i remember, white was not a good choice for stealth

16. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    You're right, but it might be the substance on the suit which allows cloaking.
    Temporary full invisibility > permanent camouflage suit.

Also the whole white suit red eye theme is there to give the ghost a more eccentric look. IIRC they are trained in separate units sealed away from other soldiers and the media.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Its better but still too bulky.
    The Ghost is a comando not a frontline soldier.

18. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

you should send this picture to Blizzard. Your ghost is BETTER than theirs.

I don't know why Blizzard created so fat characters in their games. Look at Jim Raynor in the gameplay video. How he is fat ! And the enginer, the fat man, he is far more fat than a normal fat man !!

Why doesn't Blizzard care about the geometry of their characters and units ?

Hope they will correct them. Their characters are too Warcraftish !

PS : I agree with BirdofPrey. Ghost are commandos. They should get a shape close to NOVA. :)

19. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i prefer the original blizzard made ghost to all of them as it seems like the specops type. It has minimal armor as it has psycic power to dodge bullets lol. and it looks like it could sneak into a base even without a cloak

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    ???
    What kind of research would cause that?