My idea: Vindicator replaces the Stasis Orb.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Aug 5, 2007.

My idea: Vindicator replaces the Stasis Orb.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

As many of you can see, I really love the model and name of the Vindicator. (For those who don't know what a Vindicator is, it's the picture in my avatar). After the announcement that Soul Hunters are getting axed, I was really looking forward for Blizzard to add the Vindicator to replace it. But from what we learned from BlizzConn, Stasis Orb seems like it is taking its place.

My idea is that since the Stasis Orb is buildable from the Gateways, and their attack looks like a lightning gun, Vindicator should replace the Stasis Orb model. Seriously, I would love to see a Protoss guy charging into battle wielding a big ass lightning gun like the Vindicators. The mechanic of the Vindicator would be the same as the Stasis Orb, in that their attack slows down enemy unit speed and rate of fire. Replacing the model and name would really make my day if Blizzard decides to implement it.

2. Skylark

Skylark New Member

You know, all else aside, Vindicator does make for an excellent name for a Protoss unit.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (which I may very well be), but didn't the Stasis Orb replace the Star Relic? And being that the Star Relic was essentially a utilitarian unit, it would seem to be better suited for airspace rather than ground, as it would be less vulnerable to basic (ground) fire. I've always liked utility units to be a bit out of reach of the most basic of attacks (then again, as I almost always play as the Protoss, my utility untis typically are in the air, so it may be just me).

Still, this Vindicator you speak of intrigues me. Mayhaps if it was a combat-support unit (such as HT and the like).

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

other then the awesome name, vindicator sounded like a protoss marine to me.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i dont think stasis orb replaced the soul hunters.

how many type of units does it race should have in starcraft 2? i think protoss is still lacking in units as well as the terrans.

anyway the vindicator should definitely be added on the protoss new units. coz its the coolest protoss unit after the colossus. and it should also have GTA attack and it should be big as an archon.

5. Ych

Ych New Member

The reason that I believe the Stasis Orb replaces the Soul Hunter is because that both are buildable from the Gateway and that both seem to have a similiar type of attack animation.

On the other hand, I believe it isn't a replacement of the Star Relic simply because one is an air unit and one is ground. Both serves totally different purpose. The new Mothership seems to be more of a replacement of the Star Relic because both got the same cloaking ability. Both are also late game flying units so I think those 2 are more of a comparision.

6. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Definition of Vindicator:

Main Entry:
    vindicate Listen to the pronunciation of vindicate
    1obsolete : to set free : deliver 2: avenge 3 a: to free from allegation or blame b (1): confirm, substantiate (2): to provide justification or defense for : justify c: to protect from attack or encroachment : defend4: to maintain a right to

That being said I think that it would be an incredible defending units for the Protoss. Which, seems to fit the theme of Protss with the Immortal with its Hardened Shield. So I'm totally agreeing with this idea. I can imagine the Vindicator unleashing bolts like the Twilight Archon. Although there might be some Balancing issues. Beyond that though. ;D Down with Stasis Orb!
    :powerup:

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i agree, stasis Orb doesn't fit the protoss army

8. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Ych9 you really love ur dp don't you :p Anyway i always wanted to see what role Vindicator played in the Starcraft Universe after hearing it from Starcraft Ghost so i also want to see the Vindicator to replace the Statis Orb by first giving it a aoe slow down spell (may be imba a bit) and give it ranged attack against ground and air (maybe more damage to air it is a lightning gun after all :p). Basically an attacking semi defensive/aggresive templar. More to the defensive so it fits with the defensive style of the protoss as ShdwyTemplar said.

9. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

i think that the stasis orb sucks, really what the hell? slowing attack only? ground unit? wow, that´s useless! ok, if you are gonna do something that weak just don´t say it´s protoss lol, no seriusly, i think that stasis orb should be axed, and they should give the protoss one cool unit because this one is just a waste of space, psi, money, gas and hopefully not o2

10. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I would love to see the vindicator become a sniper like unit or something...it won't happen because of the ghost and blizzard's emphasis on not having very similar units - but still, it would be ILLLLLLLL

11. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Does anyone even count the stasis orb as a unit? Why does it even exists? I think someone in the development team decided to copy the sorceress from WC3, and then created the S.O.. Starcraft is NOT Warcraft in space! Unless it has some very neat use in relation to the zerg strategy, I think it could be very well replaced by whatever! ^^

Not even the demo-team had the trouble of showing it's possible uses to us, like they did to promote the Reaper, Colossus and Momship. Not even they have found a good use for it yet. I bet it was the choice between Soul Hunter, Star relic (didn't even see this one) and the Stasis Orb itself.

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I like the name Vindicator, but I dont really like the idea of ranged toss infantry. I like the model of the statis orb better but truly, I dont like the statis orbs function at all.

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    The Vindicator should be like the Marine yes, but that should be where the similarity ends.
    They should have a sweeping attack like the Colossus but with a shorter range. Maybe they could also inherit the old Zealot upgrade. What was that one called from the Citadel of Adun where it buffed their speed?

14. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Leg Enhancements...or Nike Airs, as I like to call them

15. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

a cool unit :good: but too much like the marine. I am not complaining, i am just stating the fact that it is against blizzards' religion/morals to have similar units/similar anything between the three distinct races.

16. Ych

Ych New Member

As of now, I think the Stasis Orb was a last minute implement before BlizzCon. Blizzard just wanted to see the fans reaction towards it. The unit is not polished at all. I'm sure Blizzard will start polishing this unit up after time.