My Corrupter Evolution Fiction

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Jun 7, 2008.

?

Hows my Crustacean??

1. Makes sense, a lot of sense....

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Not well thought of...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Respect the oceans....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cook them as food nothing more

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Allergies!!! Help me Benadryl T_T

1 vote(s)
    25.0%

My Corrupter Evolution Fiction

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by freedom23, Jun 7, 2008.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Hey Ive just got an idea on a new zerg unit ---- behold the "Crustacean!" evolved form of the Corrupter

DESCRIPTION
    Hard shelled flyers that uses its antennaes to whip down its ferrocius corrosive tentacles, dealing a lateral splash damage especially effective against medium to large sized air units.

STATISTICS
    Hit Points: 250
    Base Armor: 3
    Base Attack: 25
    Attack Rate: Slow
    Attack Range: 4-5 tiles (Melee! tentacle attacks a la Dr. Octopus)
    Supply Cost: 0

SKILL
    Corrosive Spray
    -Crustaceans releases corrosive acid bursts that slowly decreases armor of targets
    (simmilar animation to plague and ensnare but violet colored like the devourers venom..)

HISTORY
    I was eating at a seafood resto with a date and she ordered prawns, I forgot that I had allergies with them so later I was all puffy ^_^ but anyway that gave me an inspiration of making something like this.. And it does makes sense coz it definitely looks like an alien with tough carapace and weird tentacles and allergic weapons!! lol.... oh and btw Im a big fan of the devourer, she will be loved may it RIP

Rate it, im open for your suggestions and comments

NOTE
    I dont know where to post this but please move it Mr. mods if im wrong tnx...

Attached Files:

• sh.jpg
      sh.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    lol, nice concept but why make it a melee flyer? then again, not bad

3. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    The Devourer was a "she"??? o_0 :)) hehe

Nice concept.. made me hungry!.. there were some floating things with tentacles in C&C: Tiberian Sun.. tiberium floater was their name i think.. ur concept reminds me somehow of them. :)

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

@ Ursawarrioir - tnx for reminding me of range, and btw its actually medium ranged melee like archons range, and if you would compare its range with the mutas my crustaceans will be attacking equally as far as the devourer, TRIVIA: mutalisks are considered missile units despite the fact that they are very short ranged.... but my crustaceans are melee despite a considerable range... now thats weird and unique lol

@ Alexblaze - actually its just now that ive noticed myself referring the devourer as a female for 10 years since in its lore it could possibly be of any sex but either way, even so, gender wont make sense in zerg because all of them are born from the main hive structure ^_^ .. And with regards to C&C tiberium sun, I never really played those series before nor have I seen any unit from that game since all RTS games that I play ussually are from middle ages era or blizzard made rts besides that I think my Crustacean is possibly more complex than that of their flyer lol

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    haha! nice!

it should paralyse its target, since its evolved from a unit with a special ability and won't be very spammable.

6. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i like your idea...but but a hard shelled flying prawn with tentacles??...hmm..looks funni. can it quirt out stuff from its tentacles and hit ground units??
    this unit is so much like the devourer, the only difference is the ability. but then again, its a good idea =]

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

From the very beginning i was intending of replacing corrupters with these but i finalized it as an evolution since theres still some slots left for air zerg units... and as for its attack, I also am quite not sure if ill give it permission to attack ground as it may arise conflict with the swarm guardian since the foundation of zerg air units is already a dual area attacker, (mutalisk) therefore my final solution was to have a skill that will also benefit your ground units as well so that where the corrosive spray comes in, slowly decreasing armor of all its affected targets similarly to the way devourers spreaded their corrosive acids (which is btw weird coz theres a weird logic with increasing damage if you have lots of acid spores) so this idea is much more ideal since it acts logically appropriate the way acids should do, slowly destroying the defense...

8. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    if you think about it...the zerg never had that many flying units to start with.
    in sc1 zerg only had mutalisk, queen, guardian, devourer, and scourges. tahts 5 not counting the overlord.
    And in sc2 one can see that the queen is now a defensive ground unit, which makes the zerg air force 3 (from what we have seen so far).

I think that the zerg only need 3 air units; a AtG (swarm guardian), AtA (corrutor), AtGandA (mutalisks).
    this can be seen in sc1: muta, guardians and devourers (along with scourges and the queen)
    cuz usually, the zerg is made up of alot of swarming ground units.
    the corruptor looks like it can take care of the AtA for the zergs. why does it need another evolution...making it lose its already so good ability (corrupt, which..to me looks extremely powerful) to cover zergs AtA??

now, im not saying your idea is crap...i do like your idea!!! xD i just want you to look at it at my perspective.

sorry if you dont understand what im saying...lol english is not my first language xD

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lolz... you dont know how much zerg is in trouble once nomads are in play for terrans since scourges arent there anymore.. i do think that there are already enough capable air units in the zergs line up right now but the one thing that they definitely dont have is an aerial support caster like T-nomad P-mamaship Z=?? overseer? lolz im not also desperately proposing for my idea to be applied... of course you know that xD

the reason i did this unit was based on an accidental experience which turned out quite well i suppose ^_^ anyway you might find the corrupt mechanic of the corrupter to be fantastic but have you recently wondered how that actually happens?? to further broaden that up ill put on a list of questions for that..

* What kind of attack does a corrupter execute?? is it a kind of a living organism that takes over the crew of the ships by manipulation??
    * If so, how can you explain that even a heavy armored BC and heavy shielded Carrier can be corrupted?
    * Why cant these flyers kill considering the fact that they bombared the enemy flyer to almost zero hitpoints?

(lol perhaps logic and physics doesnt matter to zerg anymore)
    ... im not against corrupters that is why i wanted it to have an evolution of its own coz it kinda looks incomplete to me... if not possible, i rather have the scourges back since they will be the easiest way to deal instantly with flying casters in SC

Youve said so yourself that the 3 main zerg fighters are the mutas, guardians, and devourers also is working hand in hand along with scourges and queens so that technically is 5... and now in sc2 i dont see any simillar roles that had replaced the zerg scourge and queen... so therefore any one can have a fiction of thought or rather a simple fantasy of what can they propose as idea for replacing those missing roles..

Tnx anyway for the comment.. your perspective is much well said and very standardized.. ^_^

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i thought, that once the corrupter killed a air unit, it becomes corrupted. The "corrupt" unit becomes stationary and it shoots very fast at other enemy flyers...
    if you look very closely at the zerg unit video. u'll see the first BC that got corrupter will start shooting at the 2nd BC. it kinda looks like glave wurms...And then the vikings come.

doesnt the Corruptor shoots little maggots that comes from the pink part/head part/brainy part? if you look at the new blizzcast ep 3 that came out. there is a picture of a corrupter on the ground.
    http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcast/archive/episode3.xml

ure right about the aerial support casters. i think the zerg would need one. i also think the scourges should come back or something similar cuz "anti-gravity banelings" are not enough...

=]

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

sorry if i havent replied quickly but anyway... if you read some of my post with regards to the corrupter and infester ive sited much on why they quite act the same.. both infesting and corrupting other units or structures..

well to put it simply, the Corrupter corrupts units by injecting either an organic host with its alien pest maggots and the Infester infests structures by corrupting those operators insides the barracks.. or other structures... it basically states that their purpose is more portreyed by the secondary effect of their attack/ability

and about blizcast, if you look closely enough you'll certainly notice that the corrupter artwork concept isnt a ground unit but rather just "in the ground by coiling its tentacles" it first made me think that the original concept was yet another ground unit.. but after a moment of sharp investigation, I finally noticed that its not ground but just resting as all air units has to land sometimes.... about the attack, those maggots are possibly designed to infest the crew members or possibly just a larva state of a biologically growing-living creep that instantly spreads around its target area and evolves into an organic being that disables control for the air unit..
    Coz i highly doubt it is possible for the corrupter to infest the carrier and battlecruisers lore-wise