My computer!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Darktemplar_L, Mar 5, 2008.

My computer!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Darktemplar_L, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Yay!!! I just got my computer back from a guy who is good with computers. I got a virus about a week ago, and it totally screwed up my computer. It kept giving my fake spyware alerts and fake computer errors. So my dad and I downloaded virus protection software. The first one we downloaded found a lot of viruses. The second one only found the viruses because to delete them, you needed to buy the program. Anyways, the main virus that was doing this was named:

Zlob.Trojan
    and
    FakeAlert.Trojan

So we tried to delete the registry keys and all files related to Zlob. We tried it, restarted the computer, but it didn't fix the problem. The trojan came back. So my dad just gave me a new hard drive. We put it on and we got a bootable Floppy disk. We turned it on, stuck in the floppy and waited for it to find it. It first took a while because we kept switching between the Floppy and a CD before it worked. So we try to boot it up and guess what... My computer has a freaking boot sector virus! The computer said that you could proceed with the boot, but we weren't sure if it was safe. So we tried to get the virus out, but we couldn't. So one of my mom's co-worker offered to help fix the computer. We gave it to him and after two days, I got it back and he said that he couldn't figure out how the virus would affect the computer so he installed windows and an antivirus program.

Yay!
    Many thanks to him!

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Hmm... I can't really understand the ending. Is it gone? Whenever I get virus's I just wipe the HDD clean. It's a lot simpler.

3. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

well heres the bad news now, he probably use a generic key or a key that was used a lot of times. if he used the original key that came with your computer then you're you're cool. the reason why i mentioned this was because you won't be able to update to windows xp sp3 if you have a bad key. if its one of those retailed computers, it should have a sticker and he might have used that, if not... then.. omg i feel your pain... lol