.mov to .wmv converter

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by BirdofPrey, Jan 4, 2008.

.mov to .wmv converter

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by BirdofPrey, Jan 4, 2008.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Where do I find one?

I recently downloaded RvB (legally) but a few episodes were only offered in quick time formula. Since MOST are offered in Windows media player format and windows media player supports playlists for free where QT requires you to pay $30 for that feature I would prefer to use WMP but because Ale and MS are both corporate bastards QT won't play WMP files and WMP won't play QT files. (this would also help with the 5 billion other QT files I have as well and let me get rid of the apple updater that wants to install iTunes on my PC despite me not owning an iPod)

Does anyone know where I can find a free file converter that will put the .mov files into something Windows media player can use?

Don't bother suggesting any alternative players that don't support play lists or a play all function because I use WMP for the reason that I don't have to open every single file separately and can use it for DVDs

2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
  3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No thats some crappy shareware stuff.

I wan't no strings attached freeware like a GIMP or Open Office equivalent of a video editor

Also I am not using a program which will stamp my movies with its logo (or lack thereof)

4. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    oh ok wait.... so why do you want to convert anyways? i have a video player program that can play ANYTHING

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Because Windows media -player does not show quick time files and quick time will only play one video at a time unless you pay for it meaning I have to open the program again to play another movie

6. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    nope, just dload k-lite codec pack, it will play ALL

oh, and if youve installed it, find wmplayerc file , thats windows media player classic

ive got tons of .avi or .ogm files and other formats that it plays
    (shhhhhh..... i use it to watch my hentai so they have english subs or dual-audio)