Mothership Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Sep 23, 2007.

Mothership Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I was thinking, since on the blizzard webpage for the mothership it states.

"They were intended to act as primary command ships to lead vast armadas of protoss explorers into the darkness of deep space and bring them safely home again."
    (http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/mothership.xml)

shouldn't it have a ability to Recall mass army's at once?, plus i always liked the mind control ability and id like to see it with the twilight archon.

2. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I think that would be an interesting idea. The mothership seems to have taken over the former arbiter's role as a later game flying spell caster and it has the ability to cloak other units (and now buildings) like the arbiter did. However, since it already has cloak, time warp, and planet cracker, I'm not sure that it really needs or can handle too many more abilities. Anyway, there is still the possible unit of the stasis orb/ star relic or whatever it's called now. That unit could have recall instead (recall was always one of my favorite abilities).

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    well recall is not very good on the ground, maybe give time bomb to it since it already has the ability to slow down units with its attacks, kinda fits it really and then add cloaking and recall, recall in mass not just one unit to the mothership.

4. string_me_along

Actually I think that time bomb logistically fits with the mothership as it is an incredibly powerful ability and the mothership is prohibitiably expensive. Motherships are freaking expensive; arbiters were not. Therefore I think recall should go with a cheaper unit to allow for a greater use of recall. Also, when I was talking about recall I meant recall en masse. I hope that recall returns to the game because it was incredibly useful.

However, since units can now be warped in, I'm not sure that they will keep recall you can use the phase prism for recall I guess by activating it's pylon power. I personally only think that it would work well if you could barracks units into the warp gate then send them. Recall allowed almost unlimited flexiblity. You could recall 8 carriers into the heart of an enemy base. If warpgate only works for those units built by the warpgate, it will only be a poor substitute for the recall.

5. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Recall would conflict with the new Warp in mechanic, since it is better in almost every way. I think the Arbiter was removed mainly so they could "nerf" it´s abilities. It all came back in a weaker form.

6. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It's a good idea. But it shouldn't be recall but a little more powerful warp in technology.
    What do you think?

7. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

it would be interesting,but since we can warp in units all around the map with phase prisms,i think having the recall ability back would be unecessary.i do agree with all the arbiter's abilities coming back,not necessarily on one unit only.at least bring stasis field back,it was very nice,both ofensively and defensively.

8. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

THe High Templar gets the Forcefield ability. It sounds like Stasis light to me.

9. string_me_along

This is not necessarilyl true. The units are warped in from the Warpgate, correct? Well what if a unit is not produced at the Warpgate? How are they warped in? How many units can be warped from the Warpgate at any one time?

Recall doesn't have any of these questions, it just picks up all your troops within a certain AoE limit and moves them under your arbiter. It seems to me that warp in might be a cheaper, but less powerful version of warpin

10. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It would be better if Mothership got some kind of more powerful warp in technology
    so it could warp in more units at the same time. It would be something similar to the
    recall, but with warp in technology.

11. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i believe all buildings that produces units will have the upgrade to allow the use of warp in technology(well,maybe not the Nexus)

12. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I also think they will. And why not the nexus? That way we could transport a probe next to
    a new gathering site in 5 sec. ;)

13. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    notice how that in the first gameplay video the mothership is warped in out of thin air, lol from a stargate?

14. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Maybe. Maybe its another cheat?
    What's that font in your signature, Seradin?

15. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I downloaded it from a website a while ago is there a website i can upload it to if you want it.

16. -LT-

-LT- New Member

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i am pretty sure it was some kind of cheat,because there was no pylon or phase prism nearby for the mothership to be warped in...or it was a personal warp in technology the mothership has...

18. -LT-

-LT- New Member

That would be cool. If it could warp in anywhere... Nah. That's
    impossible. It was a cheat.

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

not to mention how unbalanced it would be to give the MS a personal warp in ability...

20. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Yeah. Imagine warping it into center of your base :eek: