Monitor Help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fenix, Apr 22, 2010.

Monitor Help

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Fenix, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

So, I've exhausted my google-fu with this issue, maybe one of y'all have had this?

It was storming today, and I was having power issues. It died three times that I"m aware of. After those, I turn off my computer.

When I get home tonight, I boot up my computer, and BAM, yellow tint. I fiddle with the colour settings to no avail.

Fried card right?

I dunno.

My mouse pointer is a pristine shade of white, and if I go into my colour calibration menu and click "Restore Previous Calibration", it returns to normal for 1-3 seconds.

Help plzkthx

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Actually that sounds like a bad monitor switch, not the video card. You would be getting a normal image with distortion if it was the video card, not just a color issue.

Sounds to me like it's your monitor not receiving a clean signal or the board in the monitor itself is screwed. Try a new monitor cable, try cleaning the old one, try updating the monitor's drivers, etc.

Otherwise it's time for a new one.

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I use a dual monitor setup...

Both are having this issue.

Prolyl shoulda said that.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Huh well that certainly narrows it a bit. Gotta be the vid card then, eh? :D Make sure it's being cooled properly. Overheating could cause things like this which are a precursor to the card failing completely.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well.

I just fixed it.

And I have no idea how.

I went into device manager, told it to update my vid card settings (You never know right?), it shut off my monitors, when they came back on, my windows were all in the wrong place (I'm a stickler). I said "Oh **** you" and BAM, right colours.

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    LOL maybe it reset the drivers. SHABANG! How long do you think it's gonna take for someone to register the key I put in the forum index? :p