Model questions

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by bane336, Sep 4, 2010.

Model questions

1. bane336

bane336 New Member

So I was wondering how hard it would be to take a character model and edit it. What I was looking for is editing the kerrigan model and removing the flaming animations on her hands.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I am not experienced in this, but luckily there is a live video stream/chat box going on at sc2mapster.com right now about modeling. I asked your question, and it's looking like you will have to download a model editor such as blender and edit the model to no longer have fire-y hands.

3. Biske

Biske New Member

You'd probably be better off using 3DS Max since it's what Blizzard themselves use, but it also has a hefty price tag.

4. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I guess more specifically, you have to delete the point generator that spawns the flame particles. And blender is free, while 3dsmax is blizzard's expensive toy.

5. bane336

bane336 New Member

Anyone interested in doing this little project? I am not very familiar with any of those types of programs. If not that is all good. It is for a campaign that I am making.

Also on a side note should I get a new model how do I incorporate it into the actual game?

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    There is an importing/exporting system. Also, I have seen talk of the model tools in the galaxy editor. All of these models are just confusing to me. I'll take a good long look in to them here pretty quick.